• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project progress

dave-r

Let me check when I get home, may have some more pics on digital camera. It is a tricky bit, i tried to retain as much of factory to make patterns and lots of posterboard patterns. Definitely helps to have grills and fenders handy to check along the way. Which area is giving you the most issue??

From Galaxy S6

I'm working on the curved piece on the front that sort of surrounds the light and I think the fender tucks into.  My best guess is that this part is totally hidden once the fender is on.  I'll take some pix when I get home too.

thanks,

Hello all,

So I was feeling a little curious about something I had read a couple years ago when I was first tearing my car down about another option for beltline trim, if not just for temporary use, the flexible chrome trim. Soo I went on the hunt!! After some searching I found that Advanced down the road had some. Here is what I used...

c60ace25b04f658fb39c50829957078c.jpg

And after some careful planning and measurements I went on to install this on my car and I am very pleased!! Even up close it looks good, the only place it lacks is in the end cuts, I back cut and tried to find correct angles and its good for me!!

eea24b686abd3ff9409d32193f14b459.jpg

403a8faf0ddc3f7af60a4b24da377a61.jpg

791eec0db313a7699dc8d8e066a20e95.jpg

I will say this, without a little creativity you will not complete car with 2 rolls, how I made it work was I took one of my original beltline coupler clips and modified it to fit over this and made a joint right under rear trunk roundel and just had enough. And another note this is some no BS 3M trim tape on this stuff, so you get one chance!!

Oh yeah, I know I know...bike rack!!, I like to throw the bikes on it and go!!

From Galaxy S6

Dave R.

1975 Inka 2002a

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well had a rim issue with one of my e30 wheels from my old 325is..just could never get one balanced, and they had 205/60 tires so steering was heavy, liked to follow lines in pavement, would-- albeit very rarely rub. So with the constant shake and vibrations that all I could blame was tire/wheel I made a decision......and couldnt be more pleased!!!!

d19b0b23868058a4569bb368b495b53d.jpg

Took my factory steelies, sanded and painted gloss black, shined up my old chrome trim rings, center caps and put some new 185/75/13 Cooper Trendsetter SE. Very nice!!! Sooo smooth. Took it up to 76-78 and smooth as can be!! I am really still grinning they ride so nice, and love the look..little more classic as I thought the basket weaves were a bit modern. Now there is a little room to go responsibly lower[emoji6]

799eef3c99e266d50f242d480081cda7.jpg

4472a556bfbbd4fdf2ec9aa0114494d2.jpg

20db1861b14ded4ac1154d71b2931deb.jpg

And then I caught one of my assistants on this build trying to hijack my wheels..

09543f36898211039f4c2b8857506c5d.jpg

Have fun...

From Galaxy S6

Edited by dave-r

Dave R.

1975 Inka 2002a

Thats awesome!! We have 2 brindles....never had dogs that have so much personality and that I have become so attached to!!

dfa0d88dddb7a2c2f9bbb946d21df1b0.jpg

He has been keeping an eye on my work throughout the rebuild!!

From Galaxy S6

Dave R.

1975 Inka 2002a