Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

C pillar hard point on 71-73s....

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

my friend has his Scroth inertial harness control attached to a hidden "hard point" on the C pillar. He says it is there because rear shoulder seatbelts were a very rare option from BMW in early 2002s- it is kinda like a "vestigal part" of out cars. Has anyone else found this when they have done a restoration, or looked for it? I need to know whether this hard point is threaded like the lower rear seat belt hard points. I would like to attach my inertial reel to that C pillar point too. All i need to do is accurately cut through the fabric covering the inner pillar, if someone can confirm the hard point and give me an approximate location. Thanks very much- I always thought he had fabricated his C pillar mount.

Guest Anonymous

"Much success when screwing"

and that woman in the picture looks pissed.

Guest Anonymous

I just checked on my '74, which is a stripped chassis at this point (see the post above on paint color). That mounting point is there, and it's threaded.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

....as I understand it, they started appearing in 72 cars. So

your Inka may, or may not have them I think. Obviously, you

should carefully remove the material and give it a visual to be

sure.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Karl's translation site says that "some groping" may be necessary. Fortunatley, i dont think that will be a problem. I will take pics of the install when it gets going. Finally, an end to the up vs. down rear attachment point discussion. If it does not work out or if it is not comfortable, i have the extension belts to mount the reel on top of the seat bottom cushion. Then it would be just like i have now, except it would act like a shoulder belt that gives when gently pulled so i can reach things in the cabin while underway. Thanks for the help and the pictures all.

Guest Anonymous

You can sort of find it with your finger. I only missed one of mine - by about a quarter inch.