Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

bimmer parts brake line kit

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

anybody have experience with this kit? guys said it comes with 13 lines, all pre-cut and with fittings. you have to bend them into shape though (supposedly the kit comes with a bending tool). i notice some of the lines on my car have tight radii and i'm a little worried about getting good bends.

i thought about building these myself, but i can't seem to find good sources for tubing and fittings. anybody tried making their own? what size fittings and tubing do you need? here's one website that looks decent www.classictube.com.

Guest Anonymous

I have replaced about 90% of my lines with bimmer parts lines. They were just bmw oem parts when I ordered them, and are cut to the exact length. They work perfect. Only draw back is you obviously have to bend them to fit but that's not real hard, just use your old lines as a guide.

Guest Anonymous

just installed a set of bimmer parts lines. correct lengths, no issues with bends. practice a good idea. seems much easier than fabrication with excellent result.

Guest Anonymous

thanks to Ralph and Bob who responded. i'm sold; sounds like a good thing. plus i've heard doing the flaring yourself isn't easy -- takes some practice.