Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

source for plated metric hardware on net?

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

ultimate garage doesn't do it anymore. anyone else. Looking to get a good assortment of m8, m10 in various sizes.

Guest Anonymous

i believe that regular zinc plated material is plated silver, I think this is the case here too.

Ideas?

Guest Anonymous

..from what I have heard called "flash chrome" plating. Either way, the corrosion and wear protection is excellent. Both are done with the use of toxic metals & chemicals and are therefore no longer common except in industries where specified (also costly). The yellow colored plating as well as black oxide is what I find when purchasing hard/automotive grade hardware. If corrosion protection is important and you can get get by with a little less tensil strength, use 18-8 Stainless Steel (type 316 is not as tough). Heat treated alloy steel is often twice the tensil strength of stainless steel, but I use stainless steel on suspension components and elsewhere.

Guest Anonymous

is zinc dichromate or (yellow zinc) according to the ultimate garage website standard automotive fasteners are zinc plated silver.

Guest Anonymous

..oxide coated alloy steel, and some stainless steel. However, the automotive grade hardware that I purchased from my local Ace was yellow coated.

Guest Anonymous

pieces and will send them off for plating and baking tomorrow.

Guest Anonymous

of them done, cebause is done by a batch minimum.