Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

318i parts into 2002 tii?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Are there any parts that could be used as upgrade parts from a mid-80s 318i for my '73 tii? The list (of things to pull) as I think would be as follows:

-Fuel Injection System

-Brake System (MC, Calipers, rotors, backing plates)

-Rear Diff (?)

-Transmission (it would be an electro speedo, but is there any way to refit a mechanical??)

-anything else??

Thanks,

Philip H.

Guest Anonymous

36 M3 driveline....as for your tii just get that mechanical pump going and you're in business ;)

longlivetii.JPG

Guest Anonymous

Most of the direct interchange / upgrade parts so far as driveline and brake upgrades come from the 320 series (Early front hubs, '77 vented rotors, Getrag 245 OD 5 speeds, and, from iS models, 3:90 limited slip diff's and Recaro seats) - to the best of my knowledge none of the E30's suspension and driveline parts (aside from the M10 engine and some accessories) can be fitted to the '02 chassis without major work.

In addition, if your tii still has it's engine complete and intact, by installing the injection from a 318 you'd be eliminating the main component that makes a tii what it is - the k-fisch injection system.

Strictly personal opinion, but if you want to embark on an extensive, far-reaching modification program, you might be better served by finding a clean standard round light car to start with.