Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

tried website harry pr posted it works see my A3 pics

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

and there is that Touring in Florida that was recently pictured in an unusual shade of green, that I think looks just like this green( definately not Golf- which is a bright yellow-, as some people opined). I dont know the name of this color, but i know that German cars from "the day" shared many of the same colors- even the unusual ones. I know for sure that Mercedes, VW. Porsche,and BMW all used Sahara in the early 70s. They also all used Riviera Blue, and the green seen here. I think they all were supplied paint from common suppliers, and they all were looking to attract buyers with colors of the day.There are many Sahara examples of each Marque in my neighborhood in San Francisco: good classic car preservation area.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Golf is bright yellow like the car pictured here next to my Inka....http://www.fototime.com/DD0A31C10437E80/standard.jpg.... and F1reverb's square light Golf: very yellow. I will ask some Porsche guys what the color is called in their lexicon- cuz i saw the same exact color yesterday on a 914 in San Francisco.

Guest Anonymous

I'd really like a manual transmission MB 240D in INKA! (Too slow? Too bad!)

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

standard.jpg and standard.jpg are both BMW Golf: very yellow, no green evident to my eye.

Guest Anonymous

280orange.jpg

The '79 240D I learned to drive on was a dark industrial looking green. Supposedly you could get them in the bright orange, what BMW calls Inka.