• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Tii Part-out

joysterm

Hello to All:

I would like provide the members of the group the first opportunity to the list of parts available.

It is a  Polaris over Navy car. VIN #2781474. Pics are still posted

I would prefer have these picked up but am willing to take them to Bellingham( time permitting) if travelling to BC is an issue for you. If so, there maybe a small excise tax charged by  US customs to me (seller) for bringing any parts across the line for sale. I am not sure if there is duty charged to returning US citizens for similar purchases made in Canada.

I am not adverse to shipping the smaller items but it will take a few days to get them across and mailed.

In any case, the car with the exception of the body is in pretty decent condition. It is a running, non driving Tii. There seems to be a problem with the hydraulic clutch and the calipers are frozen. The car has sat untouched for the last two years. The car is still in storeage at this point.

I have not done a compression test on the engine yet but it starts up right away, no smoke. I will post the readings once the tests have been completed for anyone interested in the engine. hopefully by mid week. I would prefer not to part the engine, I would like  to see it sold as a complete unit with all the electicals along with it. 

The interior has been partially dismantled by the previos owner. The front seats are completely apart ( backs are intact) bottom farmes are stripped. Door panels are in good condition no rips or speaker hole, rears are good too. Back seat, the horse hair is showing its age. The vinyl is still in good shape NO rips.  The dash is crack free! Clock is set below the tray, Glove box does not align quite right and there is 3 guage cluster located where the clock would normally appear.

The console is in good condition, Sunroof works properly and appears to be in good condition, All the glass is in tact crack free. Heater and wipers work, all electricals seems to be working.
Headliner appears to be salvagable. 

Struts and trailing arms appear to be solid no visible signs of corrosion but was limited by my inability to get complely under the car at the time of purchase. Frt calipers are locked up, but rotors show no signs of abnormal wear. Gas  tank similarly shows no signs of excessive corrosion.

Belt and knee trim are all intact and in good condition, Front grill sports a quad set up, unusual. IMO doors are toast, both lids show some corrosion but will need to get a better picture before pronouncing them "toasted" Same for fenders.

Pretty much sums it up, more than happy to send detailed pics one things start coming off. My goal is to take what I need and see that the other stuff goes to someone who realley needs it.
Storage at this point is an issue for me.

Please feel free to contact me at mikejoy@shaw.ca should you have any questions.

Thanks for taking the time to view.

Mike
Edited by joysterm

I'd be interested in the "fasten seat belt" sign if you have one. Not a desirable part so I am thinking I would only pay about $12 shipped. It wouldn't make sense for you unless you were crossing the border to ship other things. Let me know though.

Thanks,

Peter

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors