Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

the turbo auction ended early for all you snipers... : ((nt)

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Neat car and I'm sure worth every dime.I actually thought it would exceed $25K........

Guest Anonymous

yeah, if i had deep pockets, i'd have shelled it out.

Guest Anonymous

Seller simply ended the auction early. That happens all the time, he probably had an offer close to what he wanted. Many sellers do this often on ebay. List an item to get the traffic and interest then cancel the auction early so as to not pay the final listing "fees" and sell to the highest bidder that emails him. Many times they list the car with a high reserve on purpose so that it won't sell.

I also think he didn't want it to go full auction end when he originally listed it... being it might not meet his price and sell for 1,000's less then he really wanted. Last I looked it was around $16K. I turned down a much nicer turbo 10 years ago that the seller wanted $14K for. At that time I wanted to pay $12K max. Eventually BMW themselves bought the car (I think for $12K!!!!) and shipped it back to display in their own museum! Yes it was that nice and original!

I hope who ever did buy the car has a good time with it and enjoys it for what it is. I myself can wait for the right car at the right price.

WH

Guest Anonymous

Pretty sure the highest bid was about $16.5K.

I'm sure he sold it off line for under his buy it now price.

WH