• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bumper rechroming-who did it in Cali awhile ago?.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

because it was cheap and i need two bumper pieces striaghtened and cheap-chromed until i can afford show chrome (which i'll prolly get from Dave) on all of my bumper parts

Guest Anonymous

....$660 plus my bumpers? That is a LOT of money imo. I'm

not saying it's an unreasonable price. Hell-maybe that's

cheap(relatively speaking), but it seems like a lot to me. I

have to wonder if I couldn't just get it done myself locally for

less. As Dominic said-there was a post re: this. The guy said

the results were pretty decent. I thought I saved it, but my

computer is always blowing up so who knows where the info

went.

Guest Anonymous

Due to all the state regulations and hazardous material issues...It is very hard to get good chrome at a decent price in California..

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.environmentalhealth.org/News-chrome6updates.html

MP was mentioned in a restoration article in the Roundel several years ago. I just discovered in a web search that MP was shut down by court order last year. Environmental restrictions, unhappy neighbors, and reduced demand for chrome-plated steel bumpers are closing plating shops everywhere, and so the cost of plating is going up. Choose your shop carefully -- some are run by true craftspeople, but many do a lousy job. As Varco mentions on his website, triple-chrome plating is the good stuff.

Oh, and Cali is a city in South America. The State you refer to is California; calling it Cali is like calling your car a Beeeemer. ;)

Guest Anonymous

There is only one way to do it, go to Mexico and have done right. Good 'ol fashion chrome and affordable. Left wing regulators haven't taken over Mexico yet.

Guest Anonymous

Might be a fun road trip sometime from Oregon.

Me, the girlfriend, and a pick-up truck load

of 2002 bumpers. Thinking two fronts and

two rears......think how hard this is going to

be in 30 years. Better have a spare.

Jerry

Guest Anonymous

chromed and straightened. . . if you could swing a discount with a lot more parts i'm just up in O.C. so i could deliver 'em to ya or something if you think you can work somethin out

Guest Anonymous

I don't know of any place since I live in the SF bay area. Years ago I had a friend that lived in San Diego and twice we went to TJ to get the car repaired (body work and paint). I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Dave Varco get his Recaro's and bumpers done. Being from South America I know what these people can do. What they lack in tools/gadgets/supplies they make up with talent if not, see how the cubans still run all the american iron without any spare parts.

If you go I believe it should be pretty easy to find a shop, just beware that if your party is full of 'gringos' they might get you to pay more.

Guest Anonymous

If I can remember right I was asked a price of $180.00 for the three pcs. The center was awfully bad...had been hit and it was ugly, the sides were good. I chose to get the center only done for about $100 or 120 something like that. It came out beyond my expectation..I would get done my rear sometime soon...they do the complete process, fix it if it is bad, copper dip it, and then chrome it.