Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

SOT...about my turbo project, last update...

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I did something interesting recently, a blow off valve controler, alomost like an electronic boost controler...i did it at first for my XR4TI, but have updated my 02 with it. I did some improvement to it. It can work with air metering systems as it stays open only the required time, programmable.

I can "play" with my Blow off valve like i want, opening delay, amount of opening, reaction versus throtle position...it reads the tps sensor. I can even make it open 2 times instead of one, making a double wooosh wooosh !!!!

Works dammmm good, better than i tougt.

The best of it all is that it can use any "weak" spring blow off valve and make it a 30psi+ capable valve without any leaks.

My 02 is stored, but i can pull it out for testing...hehehe...

Pat, bwoooosh bwoooosh !!!!

Guest Anonymous

A homebrew circuit w/microcontroller?

Guest Anonymous

Yes, i did use a microcontroler, precisely a pic12f675.

Actualy, i dont use all its capability, i have an external knob wich dictates the "feel" of the valve, or the way it is sensitive to throtle movement. I also have an external LED wich tells me when it is about to open the valve (when i accelerates) and when it is opened.

I have 1 more a/d input left, could be connected to the map sensor to truly measure other conditions under boost/vacuum. But quite happy of the results for now. Works far much better than when connected to a plain stupid vacuum/boost port. The problem i have encoutered is that the valve was too sensitive to differences of presures, it was opened 99% of the time. Now it truly opens only when i raise my feet off the gas pedal for shifting.

Pat