danco_

1969 Florida 1600 and 1972 Green 2002. A little something for everyone.

247 posts / 31446 viewsLast Reply

I like that car.

I'm starting to like it too, but I'm a huge fan of Agave. I may have to go back. I have a plan. It will be so cool. Might include a turbo and 220whp.

Ryan- your carpet looks just like mine...

Ryan- your carpet looks just like mine...

In the Florida car or the Agave/Opal car?

The carpet in the Florida car came from Esty. It was the expensive one. The carpet that will go in the agave car will also come from Esty but will probably be the $295 one. Either way, they will both be nice to drive around in.

Did you have someone to re-finish the valve cove for you ? Do you mind to share your procedure and products you used.

I did it myself. I used a grinder to grind off the lines and anything else I didn't want on it. Then I used 80-100 grit sandpaper to smooth out the surface, followed by a few thick coats of the VHT Krinkle Coat paint. It's really quite simple. 

Cleaner engine bay

hwBqX6y.jpg?1

Mostly stripped interior. Awaiting an Esty carpet and new front and rear seats.

2IfMRLW.jpg?1

Then I changed a bunch more things on the m3. Brake pads, motor and tranny mounts, entire steering system, etc.

Pads: 
movN21R.jpg?1

Small pile is growing:
oUYklXt.jpg?1

Overall a very productive day. I think I'm going to the canyons tomorrow. The car feels good. 

some updates:

hTluU4V.jpg?1

9MRNgUa.jpg?1

I think I'll bring the car home tomorrow and figure out what to do with it while I wait for the carpet and interior. 

Still planning on painting the whole car back to it's original Agave Green Color and fixing some things/removing US-spec side markers. That may happen in a month, or two.

I'd like to test drive it next week. Please have it roadworthy by Tuesday evening.

:P

The only way that will happen is if I swap the 1600's seats into this thing. Otherwise I'm stuck.

Am I still picking you up from the airport?

The only way that will happen is if I swap the 1600's seats into this thing. Otherwise I'm stuck.

Am I still picking you up from the airport?

Ray can bring his new set of steaming free Recaros sourced from Daron.....

I'm sure this is an easy question for most, but how'd you do the valve cover? Just paint and then sand down the emblem to have the metal come through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure this is an easy question for most, but how'd you do the valve cover? Just paint and then sand down the emblem to have the metal come through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basically, yeah.

Except I grinded down a few things before I sanded. Sanding comes before paint. Primer is probably a good idea, but this is aluminum, so not afraid of rust.