danco_

1969 Florida 1600 and 1972 Green 2002. A little something for everyone.

247 posts / 32554 viewsLast Reply

I should probably update this post.

I no longer own this car, as of about 3 weeks ago. I traded up (with cash on my end) for a 1997 993 Carrera S.

The new owner of the pretty little 1600 can be found on instagram under the name @mr_993 

And the new car: 

1.thumb.JPG.b6956d6aeeac0b02732d5a36e32b300f.JPGIMG_3680.thumb.JPG.36503ab15f8691fbc0f7bfb7f9129008.JPG

It's pretty fun.

I do miss the 1600. Love that little car. 

Aww...really?

Although truth be told, I do love 993's as they're the last of the air-cooled 911's and I do love the front and rear end treatment. They are getting pricey, especially the Turbos and GT2/3's. Insurance and maintenance though...yowzers. If you're becoming a Porschephile, check out http://canepa.com/ where I volunteer during cars & coffee events and also at their museum. Their restorations and 959 upgrades are singular. I imagine that you're also familiar with Patrick Dempsey and Patrick Long's annual event down your way-http://luftgekuhlt.com/ ???

What's the word w/the tii? How's that coming along? Is it a keeper? 

Edited by 1936spyder

5 hours ago, danco_ said:

I should probably update this post.

I no longer own this car, as of about 3 weeks ago. I traded up (with cash on my end) for a 1997 993 Carrera S.

The new owner of the pretty little 1600 can be found on instagram under the name @mr_993 

And the new car: 

1.thumb.JPG.b6956d6aeeac0b02732d5a36e32b300f.JPGIMG_3680.thumb.JPG.36503ab15f8691fbc0f7bfb7f9129008.JPG

It's pretty fun.

I do miss the 1600. Love that little car. 

I like the socks.

On 2/26/2017 at 1:53 PM, 1936spyder said:

Aww...really?

Although truth be told, I do love 993's as they're the last of the air-cooled 911's and I do love the front and rear end treatment. They are getting pricey, especially the Turbos and GT2/3's. Insurance and maintenance though...yowzers. If you're becoming a Porschephile, check out http://canepa.com/ where I volunteer during cars & coffee events and also at their museum. Their restorations and 959 upgrades are singular. I imagine that you're also familiar with Patrick Dempsey and Patrick Long's annual event down your way-http://luftgekuhlt.com/ ???

What's the word w/the tii? How's that coming along? Is it a keeper? 

I know Canepa! A bit far north for me to visit regularly, but I do stop by once in a while to shoot the shit.

The tii? Funny, it just came home today. Headliner is in and fixed correctly, front and rear windshields are in. Now it's time to get it all back together. The only issue currently is that it's raining. 

Keeper? Probably. But I've said that before. 

On 4/8/2017 at 5:24 AM, saaron said:

Any more updates?  I feel like there might be more (based on your Insta)?

Scott

The 1600 is in my memories, but no longer in my possession. I have an arsenal of photos I post from time to time. The car is currently in Houston, TX with the new owner. I think it's getting a 5 speed and some recaro seats pretty soon. I should check with the new owner on it's status. 

But the car I traded for is doing great. I already got 1100 miles on it since February and it only begs to be driven more. Love that stupid car. 

(edited)

This 1600 is awesome.  its a serious blast - thanks!!!!  My wife and 3 year old also thank you.  hahahaha. woo woo!!!!

Edited by JWT
  • Like 2