• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Florida 1600 and 1972 Green 2002. A little something for everyone.

danco_

Been busy. Can't talk, posting photos.

so rad_.jpg

so rad_-2.jpg

so rad_-3.jpg

so rad_-7.jpg

so rad_-10.jpg

Then got the driveshaft and exhaust mounted.

so rad_-8.jpg

so rad_-13.jpg

so rad_-11.jpg

so rad_-12.jpg

That's all I got.

I am pleased thus far. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Replaced these things today, but I forgot to take photos. The inner fenders are perfect - on par with the front wheel wells. I took a few hours and scrubbed everything I could with degreaser and various scrub brushes, before I cleaned and layed down a quick layer of Florida paint to make everything uniform again. It really looks great under there. 

0713161.jpg

And how the car sits now. You can't really tell a difference, but the rear sits an inch lower, and you can see Florida Green paint peeking out from the rear wheel well. 

It was a good day. 

071316.jpg

Edited by danco_

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Looking great-an inspiration for sure! Can't wait to get to that point myself. Any intention of driving it up to Monterey in August? Would love to comb over it in person.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

37 minutes ago, 1936spyder said:

Looking great-an inspiration for sure! Can't wait to get to that point myself. Any intention of driving it up to Monterey in August? Would love to comb over it in person.

Hells yeah I'm driving this thing to Monterey. 

God forbid I become one of those guys who collects cars and doesn't drive them. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Sweet! Then I shall surely see you both! What's your plan for the wknd? I'm usually at the Historics Fri w/my dad.Then on Sat, i'll be volunteering for Canepa in the pits, or perhaps at one of the other venues, depending on what cars they bring to drive or show.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

9 minutes ago, 1936spyder said:

Sweet! Then I shall surely see you both! What's your plan for the wknd? I'm usually at the Historics Fri w/my dad.Then on Sat, i'll be volunteering for Canepa in the pits, or perhaps at one of the other venues, depending on what cars they bring to drive or show.

I have exactly zero plans. I'll probably attend some shows, drink some beers, drive recklessly, volunteer at Legends, camp on the side of the road, camp at Laguna Seca, attend some BBQs, and repeat, every single day. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

• 3 weeks later...

The 1600 runs! and She runs strong.

Having the car towed to my buddy's 02/911 shop for a final comb-over. I'll start driving this old girl next week.

I may send the car off to have an exterior coat of Ceramic Pro applied. I basically never want to wax the car ever again.

But yeah, photo of the car in its current configuration. She's dusty, but damn is she pretty. 

rolled out.jpg

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Looking fantastic Ryan!  You can use some cleansing powder such as Comet on that washer bottle and cap.  Will make it look much better.

i see you also have some tape where the hood brace folds. Darn design.

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"