Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

I was talking to my Nascar driver friend about Infineon driv

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Dave Byrd is actually Jr. Nascar, but he races that track often, he is very mellow, soft spoken, unassuming, no bragger etc, he said that we were driving on the long course and that he wouldn't know how to do trailbraking or heel and toe, I guess they don't need to. They have transmissions that can be slammed into gears when running, without clutch.

I had a blast going at speeds that were a limit for my ability and brakes, the speeds he quoted just blew my mind. At the end of one of my sessions, I was told my "lap time" (2 min 30 secs) by a bystander that didn't know the rules of the driving school - I propmtly informed him that he could have been thrown out of the track for doing that. I ask Dave what lap times they were running on the long track: 1 minute and 30 seconds! WOW! It really seems unbeliveable! Those guys and their cars are really, really good.

Guest Anonymous

I have done a 1:34 in an ITS car on the short track. G

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

ya timing anything at the schols is capital offence: i just have to compare speed to the M3s that were around me. Funny: never saw michael in any run session, so we were keeping ourselves pretty much seperated on the track. BTW fastest time ever at Infineon was posted by a 250 cc Kart! and record still stands. it was maybe low 20s, or less.