Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Get in pissed off...get out smilin'...

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Came home yesterday in a foul mood--crap at work, goofy drivers on the way home, had to drive 20 miles to show a rental and prospective renter canx appointment at the last minute. But I had to drive to the condo anyway to fix some minor things. Not a happy camper I was.

Got in the 02, and at the first traffic light a carload (must have been six) of teenagers in an E30 pulled up alongside. They were hanging out the windows and sunroof looking at Ludwig--"Hey man, that's a really cool Bimmer!" --they actually said "Bimmer!" My gloom began to lift...

Got out on the Interstate...engine humming at 4000 rpm, nice oil pressure, volts etc...odometer rolls over to 199,800. I suddenly realize I'm grinning. The day wasn't so bad after all. Thanks, Ludwig, and all those German elves that put you together.

That's why I still drive a 30 year old 2002--but I'm preaching to the choir.

Cheers and happy motoring from a smiling

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Molly and I went down to Roanoke last Saturday to visit my cousin. We took the fast Interstate route down (I-66 to I-81) - lotsa trucks, lotsa Virginia Tech fans on their way to Blacksburg. Molly just hummed along a 75, but it was kinda boring. When we came back on Monday, I got on the Blue Ridge Parkway and took it from Roanoke up to Afton (where it ends at I-64). No traffic, lots of twists and turns, and great scenery. What a difference!

These cars just make you happy, don't they?

David Roach

"Molly" (Inka 1973 2002)

"Elmo" (Diamondschwartz 1991 325ix)

Guest Anonymous

...that's why I bought my Julius. It was the best for me when I ws in school. I could go and tinker on one or two little things, then go for a drive. Even in the winter there were times when the roads were clear and dry.

Now he's tucked away until May and I can't get to him. I got this great E30, but you know, it's just not quite the same... :(

Delia, Julius and Red Oktober

Guest Anonymous

it's hard to pin point what it is, but I look forward to

drive to work every day, and when the day is over,

usually stressed to hell, Bacchus is just there for

me, listening to that M10 symphony is very

relaxing...

Guest Anonymous

I hear that-- with all the stress at school and midterms, I finally took a ride in "Shelly"- my newly aquired 71 1600- and despite the primered exterior and misaligned headlights, and all the woes went away-- she's still a gem. Not sure if it was fuel smell, or the fact that I was tired :P

My 69 definetly is a treat and always look forward to driving her.

Guest Anonymous

..in my car four of five days each week. Looking back, I wish that I had driven the car a little less and saved it from the salt, but then I would not have had the fun everyday of rolling along in a nice old BMW with its smells, sounds, and visual appeal. Now looking forward to the weekend and driving my current 2002.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah so much for saving weight... I opened the trunk today and found the engine I picked up from curtis this weekend still in the trunk... along with a air tank... toolbox.. etc etc.. about 200lbs of gear.. then I was like.. with a 200lb handicap I worked a 330i... and had this big grin on my face all day for that little car... it takes care of me...

Guest Anonymous

DSC00884.JPG

big as the day I actually drive it again!

Congrats dang!

david - 4 years into it ;P

Guest Anonymous

I saw my window of opportunity yesterday in the weather (northern CA), so I took the second half of the day off work shot the rest of the chassis. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, although I plan on color sanding everything, so I still have a lot of work ahead of me. But, at least I get my garage back to normal and can work on the sanding anytime (within the next week or so).

Keep plugging away. One day you'll look at everything and realize that you're done! 8-)

Guest Anonymous

the rest of the time I go the route with no school crossing and fewest stoplights. A little farther, but very calming.

--Jerry '72tii

Guest Anonymous

just got my a$& reamed again in my midterm for theory of elasticity class--

where's my 02.....