• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

valet parking and 2002's

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

they looked skeptical when we first pulled in at the

Hilton in downtown SF, but when we went back to

retrieve some stuff, these guys where all smiles:

"nice car, what year?, you must keep this one" etc, I

guess the word got around about this 02 rocket,

and these guys must park some awesome cars. It

felt good that they were able to look beyond the

cheesy ripped acura seats!

Guest Anonymous

When I worked in soma, at 2nd and Howard, I used to park in a cheap lot at Harrison and Fremont, right next to the off ramp for the Bay Bridge (the site has construction on it now). If you didn't get in early enough, the lot jockeys would make you leave a key so that they could shuffle your car around all day. I wasn't too wild about this, but it turned out not to be an issue. Although I never had a problem getting the car started, the sidedrafts did require a bit of finesse, or at least some insight. I came back to the lot one night, and the attendant told me that they couldn't get it started all day, and they had to push the car around the lot several times. After that day, they always managed to find a space where I could park it myself and keep the key.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

of course, i bought my sahara years ago with a by-passed ignition switch, so you turn key all the way and then press the majic button. For some reason, i just have not fixed it: kinda like the oddity and hell- it works( i bought a new switch- it is sitting here with the rest of the parts dispay) well, on the rare occassions when i have had to valet park- i explain that the car has a race car ignition and it would proably be better if i parked it. No argumnets. They dont want to waste time figuing out a 30 year old little german box car. Another time, at the fancy-pants hotel in sfo, the chief valet( booth guy) liked my 02 so much, he kicked a rolls out of the way right in front of the Main entrance and let me park the sahara there as long as i wanted( a 5 dollar slip helped). always ways.... The Inka: they never will touch it. It is either a cab or my friendds can have dinner inside and send my courses out to the car where i will probably be explaining something about it to someone... lol. Drove the M3 cabriolet home from shop last night: top down, pilot almost cold, seat on high heat, heater blasting, tunes blasting, air temp 40, wind chill=? so easy to hit 90 mph in that car without realizing it: no big noise, no drama, no license if i dont be careful: adding gloves and down vest to trunk for winter ops. Man i love that "Modern" car- funny: i think it is a spaceship, compared to the 02s, and it is still 1/2 way to being a "classic" plate car. guess i am on a real slow development curve. Guy in a 330ci conv( top up) could not understand how i was able to launch from lights and be "gone" in 4 seconds: tee-heee: it aint your plain ole 325ic 40K car boy.... got to love a "sleeper" with a wide awake driver.

Guest Anonymous

Got prime time reservations at the local "hot spot" restaurant. Didn't plan on being out done so, I took the Tii. We jump out, but the valet decides NOT to park it himself. Tells me to park it up next to the Tessarossa(parked right next to the front door). As I was getting out, the second time, he asks if I could please park it in front of the Ferrari. Subtle grin.

Dinner was good too.

Guest Anonymous

the valets driving the car around the lot. I really can't blame them too much once they figured out the car had a transplanted a 302 chevy with a muncie 4 speed (rock crusher) amd a posi-rearend from a '69 camaro. I didn't get upset, but when I left, I placed two black marks for about 150 yards and filled the car park area with enough rubber smoke to choke pretty much everyone in the restaurant.