Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the nice welcome,

Justin B and Mike S, we are in Santa Rosa. It is great to know you are up here and could be a great resource for us!

We found our car (72 Agave) through my uncle in the central valley. The seller had the car in his garage and drove it periodically. He knew of my uncle (71 Agave...wonderful car), who lives two blocks away from the seller, and stuck a card in his mailbox about selling the car. We made a deal after my uncle gave it a good drive and body review.

Needless to say, we are hooked, both me and my husband. We have been sucked into the 02 cult!

No going back now!!

Guest Anonymous

There are quite a few 02s in Santa Rosa, and a few professional shops that know their way around one. Watch out for this El-Jet character, though. ;-P

Mike

Guest Anonymous

panviewsmall.jpg

URL: http://www.winnsecurity.com/norcal02

..that youre going to be enchanted by these little cars if you're not already. Otherwise you might think we're a bunch of crazies and never visit the board again happy.gif

Santa Rosa is a good city for 02's. I know ive seen atleast a few different ones buzzing around there. My plans seem to be pointing towards heading up there Saturday to meet another 02er if Mike is going to be at the shop where he stores his 02. It would be cool to meet you and your husband too with the 'new' 02 if you were free some time during the day too, or maybe just congregate at the shop at a particular time and have a mini meet and greet. Whatever either one of your plans are (Mikes or yours) I'm always up to meet someone else with these cars.

-Justin

2002sig.gif

Guest Anonymous

3-644798.JPG

A coworker told me he saw 5 or 6 '02s at the Napa Auto Parts Store just off the freeway in Healdsburg. Were any of you folks with that group?

I'm in Santa Rosa, too. Flash your lights if you see this car.

Guest Anonymous

Jerry,

We haven't taken our 72 to Healdsburg yet. We saw your car this summer at the Sonoma County Fair....your car is beautiful! It is great to hear from other Sonoma County 2002 owners...2002's really look great in wine country!

Guest Anonymous

panviewsmall.jpg

I havent seen your car, Ive seen a Golf one once, a sorta faded inka with grey primer spots on it quite a few times, and atleast a couple others around that area too. I wasnt in that group that you mentioned, neither of my 02s actually run right now.

Change of plans though, I wont be available this weekend unfortunately to meet anybody if anyone had some free time on their hands to say hey anyway. Maybe the next weekend or something, I am going to be tied up going to ThunderHill and possibly helping crew for a friend of my dads that is racing. Its gonna be miserable though, solid rain forecasted.

-Justin

Guest Anonymous

panviewsmall.jpg

Even if you thought it would have been a nice idea to meet some others, I wont be around here this weekend anyway. If you wanted maybe we could set something up to just meet a few of us locals together, officially unofficial of course though. Leaving tomorrow morning and the best situation has me getting back here at the earliest in the afternoon on sunday. yuck. It'd be nice to have an email addy for another local anyway happy.gif talk to ya later.

-Justin

2002sig.gif

Guest Anonymous

no pics yet

I have heard of two shops (Hanerhaus and North Bay Bavarian)...although I have no idea what the quality of their work is. Who is this El-Jet Character, and where might he be found??

Justin....we aren't around either. One of these days, sonoma county folks should get together.

Guest Anonymous

I'm in SW Santa Rosa. I can place about 7 other '02s that regularly appear around town. Several are usually sitting in driveways.

--Jerry