Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Distributor would not engage (again) pls find a solution

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

No solution yet. It came out ok and now it wouldn't go back in. It goes half way and gets stuck. I know the grears are not meshing. I did not move or do anything to the gears but it feels like as I am pushing a compressed air when I am putting in the distributor. What did I do wrong ? O-ring is ok and lubed too..

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

ryan_phelps.jpg

Does the dizzy stop right at the seal???If the seal is new they can be a pain to install. If it's going past the seal did you try turning the rotor a bit to see if it would line up with the cam??

Ryan

68 02

Guest Anonymous

Sheggaw,

Are you sure that the dizzy and cam match? They are not off of a later model car which has a cam that turns the opposite way. Take a small flashlight and look directly down the dizzy hole on the head to verify that the helical teeth will mesh with the dizzy.

If you can insert the dizzy farther than the o-ring seal, then I don't see why it won't go together assuming that the teeth will match. When I did my upgrade to a recurved 002 dizzy and new o-ring I had to use a rubber mallet and some persuasion since there was some significant stiction on the lubed o-ring.

Give me a call if you need help. I'll be available most of tonight.

-Bernard