Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

tirerack

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

have any of you used tirerack.com?

good, bad? I need new tires, and i like their prices, but i've never bought tires over the internet.

tia

zach

72 tii 168k

Guest Anonymous

Always had good results with them, good prices, service and got everything quickly too.

Matt

Guest Anonymous

I have bought from them. They are quite good at what they do. Excellent transactions each time. I especially appreciated the added security of calling your home too make sure that you are the person ordering. More online places need to do this.

You can have the tires delivered directly to your tire shop if you need them to be mounted.

Check out the faq store on this site (from the home page). If you follow the faq tire rack link, you will help out the site.

Guest Anonymous

...in South Bend, Indiana.

The Midwest '02 Fest was held there in 2001 and at their new place 2002.

Over the years, I've purchased 4 or five sets of tires from them, but have always gone there and had them installed.

When I bought a set of tires for my '73tii, I was surprised to find the company owner out in the shop on a Saturday, busting tires. He's an eastern European-type and has got to be over 60. The new facility is spotless and they even have a test track/autocross course right there in the front yard. BMW CCA has autocross events there periodically.

The guys on the internet site are pretty good, but are not likely to know much about '02s. There is a lot of research available on the website, however, so you can do your own homework.

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

Guest Anonymous

..Have been purchasing tires from the Tire Rack for something like 30 years. Originally sold tires from a warehouse behind their Amoco service station on Mayflower Road (South Bend, Ind.). They have moved four times since then.

Guest Anonymous

is that all i have to do, just link through this site?

Guest Anonymous

Good prices, good service, good delivery time.

If you are buying loose tires, you will need to find a local installer you can work with. Figure anywhere from $10-20 for removal, install/balancing, disposal for each tire.

TR has their Recommended Installer Program.

I deal with Marc at the Big O store in Dublin. They do all my installs for TR tires. If I have an immediate need- flat repair, or need a tire NOW, I make sure my business goes to them. Try to build up that relationship. Check the TR website and visit one of the Installers they list for your area before you buy. Let them know you have some TR tires coming in andwill they be able to install them. They may even try to beat the deal, give them a chance. You never know.

Guest Anonymous

If the tires are in stock you will most likely get them

in just a few days! Only thing to consider is that

there is a $9 shipping charge per tire, and you'll

have to pay someone about $10 per tire for

installation.

Order them from the link on this site, which will

keep 2002FAQ running.