Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Saw a bavaria in the pick N Pull

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Didn't see anything that would fit. (or so I thought)

checked out the archives last night, went back to the 'yard at lunch.

NOW i have nice & shiney sun roof track pieces and a virtually brand new looking fuse box cover. ....

....Praise the archive gods....

anyone know of other interchangeable Bavaria & 2002 parts?

John L

Guest Anonymous

No telling quite what was there, but I'd inspect the steering wheel, look for an O.E. radio, and maybe look at the door latches and well as the window winders. Being a more expensive vehicle perhaps the latches and winders are more substantive and less delicate than what is fitted to the usual '02 - just a thought. Are the visors of a substantially different shape/design? Again, the '02 visors are comically made to a price. Ah, but I love them! The tool kit (if intact) below the deck lid would definitely cry out for inspection, while perhaps the factory plastic bin in the trunk could be retrofitted to an '02. By the way - what color/combination was the Bavaria? Bavarias are cool!

Best regards...

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga

Guest Anonymous

Seems like I read a while back about swapping out the control arms, which are a little longer than the 02's to give extra camber without using camber plates. Would be great for a stealth ride. Might check the archives and do a little research to make certain which years/models work.

Guest Anonymous

It is the hard-to-find part you need to put interval wipers into a 72-73.

John N

Guest Anonymous

A few weeks back: bavariabox.JPGseems it will fit nice and has that same heavy duty white pipeing used on the wheel arch seam in the roundlite cars! The window crank lifts are a nice upgrade.

Guest Anonymous

what longer than an 02 auto trans cable so it has to be routed differently in the engine compartment, but it works great.

Guest Anonymous

AND WOUND UP WITH A LUXUS SEAT THAT HAS A FOLD DOWN ARM REST .

- MUCH WORK BUT WORTH IT -