Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

My "Recent Acquisition." Free 2002, needs lots of

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

panviewsmall.jpg

URL: http://www.winnsecurity.com/norcal02

My dad, InstructorBill, and I went to Orinda (East SF Bay area) today and snagged a free but troubled 02. Im not planning on doing a whole lot to make it look *really* nice, just make it run, fix cracked fiberglass, align the doors and panels better and I'll be set. Finally a 2002 that looks worse, but is "closer" to being driven than the one I am working on, the one that my website is detailing. Regarding the website though, I got absolutley jack shit done in September and October, so it hasnt been updated in a while...but it should be soon. This thing came with another block which turns smoothly but without a head, and a 2.2L MM engine with a head but something wrong with a valve apparently. I have too many engines! Lets see, one in my 02 (not this one), two in the garage, one which is assembled, another in parts, another head in a box, two blocks in the shed? (I'm losing track! haha) and two more that I got today. Oh man...

So, Michael and Jay, this is the 02 I was talking about, got some extra parts ya dont need? This poor guy needs some...lol ><centerNow you're supposed to ask: "HOW DID YOU GET IT IN THE BACK YARD?!"

(between the fence and a shedsurprised.gif)

yard.jpg

-Justin

2002sig.gif

Guest Anonymous

Now all it needs is a little colorado and black, and you are in Bussiness.

Andy Rattley

Guest Anonymous

I paid good money for a car that looks like that!

Actually, I need an engine- since you have so many lying around, wanna share the 'o2 love?

Guest Anonymous

You must have replied instantly to that craigslist add. I thought I was going to be the first, I sent the prior owner my email, pager, and home phone within 6 hours of the add being posted, and never heard back.

Make something good out of her.

Peter

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

you have a lot to work with. i have a few bits and pieces i will contribute to get you on the road. keep the stripes - they are unique! or go radical, cut out the flares for me and just go bare wheelwell, ( lol, just sorta kidding- really want those flares). Anyway- I want to see you driving that car. organize your engine parts inventory: make the best M10 you can and sell the other stuff to be able to buy things to fill out the donor car. Sounds like you got power plant covered, in some way: wait on the upgrade stuff- just get that puppy running, registered and out to the drives with us. Congrats!!!!

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

if it is a bottom from the mid to late 80s, dont use it: it will ultimately end up like mine did- big /bad noise from down under. They were doing some weird stuff with cranks back then, and they admit those era engines were not strong( they were fooling with the cranks, using some other inferior parts too). I bought my A4 with a broken MM2.2 bottom ( it was either a main bearing gone, or it might have been a broken crank- dont know because Jim wanted the core back to get it off the market! He wants all those era engines off the market, he told me): but I replaced it with a new MM 2.2 because they cleaned house, so to speak, in the early 90s and have been building solid torque monsters since. Email me off board if you want to discuss MM engines. I have logged many hours with Jim on the phone and can save you some time and money.

Guest Anonymous

Is that just sitting the engine on the flange around the edge of the oilpan? Do you happen to know the measurement of the width between the two support bars, and the depth of the oilpan below that flange?

Guest Anonymous

It isn't a "true" mm engine, but it was built by a friend of a friend who worked for MM for years. It may be even larger than a 2.2 as he accidentally overbored it in SAE. We all had a good laugh at that one. It was one sick engine when it ran 174-180 accross the boards according to my old notes I found the day Justin took it away. It only has about 20-30k miles on it.