Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Anyone experience the difference avs-es100 and dunlop sport

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

and they are an absolutely great tire. Quiet, responsive, grabby on dry and wet roads. Not a good choice for snow or ice, though.

Guest Anonymous

we put them on our E34 535i about a year ago, and they SUCK. They were good for the first 2-3k miles, but then they needed to be rebalanced and have a very strange wear pattern on all 4 tires. Suspension and steering components have all been checked on the car, and it's been professionally aligned twice. The Sport A2's are not a good choice IMHO.

Bret.

Guest Anonymous

I swear this thread was just going -- must have been on another board. I'm into my 3rd set of A2's on the daily driver Jetta. I like 'em, get about 30k out of a set with aggressive driving, good in rain and dry, tolerable in snow. Watch for them at Sears, they go on sale cheap. Also put them on the 14 inch wheels for my CS, not sure how they'll work out on a heavier car.

Guest Anonymous

Good sticky tire, stiff side wall, quiet, ok in the wet,

competitive in the dry, good turn-in, and can't argue with the

price... though I would not buy them again, as mile per mile

they are more expensive than Bridgestone S-03s and

Michelin Pilot Sport's!

I stay away from Dunlops because I had two bad

experiences with their QC. And the Dunlop SP8000 tires I

had were loud, dangerous below 40ºF. and had marginal

turn-in characteristics.

-E

Guest Anonymous

and they're ok, though nothing to write home about on dry roads. The sidewall flex is greater than I think it should be, and they're not particularly sticky. I mounted the CS wheels on our '87 535is once last winter when we HAD to make a 6 hr trip to PA in some very bad weather (heavy rain, freezing roads) and I was suprised how well they did in the wet. Nice and quiet and insired confidence.

That said, I'd give the Yokos a try. From what I've heard they're a much better and stiffer dry road tire.

Guest Anonymous

FWIW, my parents have had a '94 525i for the past seven years. It's a nice car and, overall, very reliable. But, it has always had tire balance problems--no matter what tire has been on the car. I don't know if one or more of the wheels are bent or if it's something in the suspension or what, but they have never been able to completely have the problem solved.