s99

Ryan (danco_)

119 posts in this topic Last Reply

Shame about your car but look on the bright side, you can salvage the new carpet and you procrastinated on installing the new H4s. Wishing you a speedy recovery dude!

I'm not sure our paths have crossed, Ryan, but I'm glad to hear another 2002er is still alive to tell the tale. Hope things work out for you, with regard to insurance, etc. You can't replace all the time, effort, and love you put in to it, but you can always get another. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery and really really good pain meds!

Paul

How's that for a hit?

iaEbp4H.jpg?1

7vHc3Hv.jpg?1

MsrktAB.jpg?1

vImWpyW.jpg?1

Her car: 

SAJziuc.jpg?1

Where my head turned my concaved steering wheel into a flat steering wheel. I think I'm going to try to straighten her out flat and run in the next car. Also, I shattered my BMW momo horn button. I'm not happy about that. Those are hard to find. 

Xym6yIW.jpg?1

I'm still unsure of the extent of underhood damage. I'm fairly certain everything from the timing cover and forward is destroyed. Pity, it was a great motor. 

BK7TOH9.jpg?2

I shouldn't be out of bed, but I was. Drove the m3 to the police station to find my driver's license, but they don't know where it was. Drove to the tow yard where I suspected the car was to grab some personal stuff from the car. Bonus, I found my hat and sunglasses that flew off my head 50 feet from the scene. I found them in the ford focus. I also managed to save the new windshield rubber and that little plastic liner thing. 

Looks like I'm building another one soon.

Very fortunate I think.  Wow.  Getting hit (or hitting someone else) is never a good thing, especially in a 40+ year old car - no matter the brand.  I am 100% sure the other driver's insurance company is concerned about your physical condition - as well they should be.  Obviously the other driver was at fault and for that they are likely to pay (that is unless you are feeling very benevolent).  It appears to me that you could pick a few parts of the car for that next project.  Obviously a really hard hit to do damage to both cars like that.  It is a lucky day to be able to be up and around so shortly after one like that.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

Damn man, glad you're ok.

On a lighter note, maybe now you can get that Florida car you were after.

After the insurance ponies up, buy your back, buy another 02/1600....cannibalize as you see fit. Look for the silver lining: a fun, new project awaits.

I see Connor's mirror survived.

:D

(edited)

Stupid bitch should lose her license for life. If it was me and on my motorcycle she'd of killed me. Too easy to get a drivers licence here and now you don't even have to be a US citizen.

Edited by gregpark

(edited)

The RR quarter is not tweaked, is it?

Edited by ray_

Too easy to get a drivers licence here and now you don't even have to be a US citizen.

While I probably agree with the first half of this sentence, the second half is way out of line. Not sure what a driver's citizenship has to do with their ability to safely operate a vehicle. Bad drivers are bad drivers, regardless of where their passport was issued.

Anyway...back to Ryan's car. Are the wheels salvageable and is that your new carpet kit? The wheels don't look damaged. That just sucks but looks like lots to salvage for a good start on the next project.

(edited)

The RR quarter is not tweaked, is it?

it sure looks like it is.  entire right side of car is pushed back.  even the roof looks creased above the b-pillar.  that car is BENT.

Edited by mlytle