Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Best alternator upgrade for a '74tii? Looking to...(more)

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Add some accessories in the future plus the "whine" from my fuel pump changes when I turn on my head lights. THIS really bothers me. I'm not looking for anything too custom, just a pretty direct swap with as much power as I can get. Thanks for any suggestions.

MDS

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i posted some pics and measurements a few months ago on how to upgrade a tii alternatror to a non tii alternator that has higher output. let me know if you cannot find this info and i will dig it up again. Actually, I am thinking about sending my modified Bosch 41x to the shop and having it spun up to 85 or 90 amps. I want ability to run aircraft landing lights with ampitheatre sound .

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.2002performance.com/

65 amp Internal Regulator Alternator kit

End the Dim Dash light and headlight woes associated with all 2002’s….You can actually run Halogen headlights on high beam, your stereo, wipers, and heater blower motor all at the same time with no loss of power to anything….Truly a great conversion…..

Standard 179.00

Tii 189.00

Guest Anonymous

fetch a fresh-looking Bosch AL41X from an E12. Warning: some of these test at 55 amps, not 65 amps, on an alternator machine. You will need a spacer (buy from me) or a stack of washers on the main mounting bolt. This upgrade is for tii only.