Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

HEY RIMSPOKE, GOT ANYMORE $26.50 DOOR GASKETS TO SELL ME?

55 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33642&item=2434260620

I see now how you pay for your restorations!!!

Seems a bit hippocritical sir, to post here about your sincere and honest Ebay practices and .01 cent bids and then continue to sell a $12 set of door gaskets for double the money.

Just doing my part for the rest of the folks out there who don't like being price gouged for something that is not special in any way.

Andy

Guest Anonymous

There is nothing he can do. I mean, he can't make people stop bidding. If they want to pay that much, especially on eBay, what can he do ?

Guest Anonymous

its up to the buyer to know what his/her price should be. This isn't kindergarden, you pays your money, you takes your chances. Consider the differential the price of your education (still cheaper than college)

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

He's a good guy, who sells good products very fairly. If you don't like it, don't bid. Ignorance of real world prices is rampant on ebay... that should be obvious to anyone.

Matt

Guest Anonymous

and it ended up selling for $350? Ebay is an AUCTION, people pay what they're willing to pay, even if it's above what you could get it for elsewhere. Nothing wrong with making a profit. A lot of things wrong with making a profit dishonestly.

Guest Anonymous

Don't you think you owe it to be reasonable and not stiff somebody here so it doesn't come back to haunt you?

Geez, a bit sensitive are we? YOU sound like the POT calling the KETTLE BLACK!!!

Guest Anonymous

what you pay for it is what it is worth. Caveat Emptor.

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

words.

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

If I don't want to buy a CD service manual from the dealer for $110 dollars, I can buy it from bavauto for $69.

If I don't want to buy something off ebay for more than the price elsewhere; I don't bid, and buy it elsewhere.

Guest Anonymous

If anyone doesn't know fair market value on what they are bidding on, then should they be bidding?

Rimspoke had no control over how much the auction ended at, so how can HE be at fault? Why are you so upset at him? You should really be angry at Reanel, who by their ignorance over bid/paid for an item, that other suppliers will see and think "hey I ought to raise my prices if people are willing to pay that", which in turn leads to outragous prices for the rest of us.

I say if you think you even have a right to be angry at anyone,(since the outcome didn't affect you in any way) place it towards the right person.