Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

1976 BMW 2002 Antique Wheels / Rims

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I am looking for a set of antique rims to go with my 76 2002. Is there anyone that markets replicas?

Also, I am having a hard time finding a shift console / bezel?

Guest Anonymous

(please don't say "antique," I'm sensitive about my age) 2002 13" alloy wheel. Also, there are new 13" wheels available from Minilite, Panasport and Revolution all of the correct vintage and correct off set for you '02.

Tire choice is limited, but unless you're a serious autocrosser, the selection is fine.

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

Guest Anonymous

I think that's a first for this board!

Did you have a particular style in mind for wheels? Cross-spoke, 5-spoke, aggressive look, classic look? Personally, I don't there are very many wheels out there that look period correct for these cars, but there are a handful.

www.2002bmw.com has a ton of pictures that might help with wheel selection.

Dan

Guest Anonymous

d (used) twice to my knowledge. It is really "antique" if that's what you're looking for, but I don't think 28 years old qualifies for antique. My car was bought from the original owner, who was an aged high school math teacher. I used it once; I don't think the math teacher did, but it has a radial tire on the rim. Did they have radials in '76? Very straight, silver, original, and I even have the original trim rings if you are so inclined.

feel free to email me,

Elliot Goldstein

Guest Anonymous

an E30, when painted silver look very period--almost like the Alpina or Campy steel wheels of the 70s. The added benefit is that there's a much better selection of tires available in 14 inch sizes than 13 inch. Or you could do what Dave Hoovler did and get some 14 inch wheels from a Neue Klasse sedan or a 2000CS coupe and use the proper 14 inch wheel covers. Hard to tell from stock.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

developed for use on the Paris subway! They run on rubber tires and are amazingly quiet. Tire trivia for today...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

The center cap in the picture (P/N 36 13 1 127 230) is held in by the cone of the lugnuts. The center hole is about 38mm on the inside, and about 45mm on the outside of the lip.