Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Removal of front seats on 74tii

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I'm trying to replace the front seat/driver side but can't remove two of the bolts that hold it (1 front left side, 1 back right side). The bolts spin completely but do not come off. How can I remove them?? HELP!!!

Guest Anonymous

hey, i just removed my seats a few days ago...you have to get under the seat rail either by cutting a hole in the carpet or lifting up the carpet (like from the door sill and then you might be able to reach it)...but anyway--theres a bolt going down thru the seat rail with a rusted nut on the otherside holding the seat down. You can try getting at it with a wrench or pliers or something but I recommend drilling it out...just start with a real small drill bit and work your way up to the diameter of the bolt...I think I used 3/16ths last or 3/8ths...I don't remember. But yeah just drill the bolts out--won't hurt your carpet that way either. I hope thats clear enough.

Guest Anonymous

If so, you might need to stop the pressed nut from spinning by using a screwdriver or a longnose plier.

Try to locate it first with a finger...

Guest Anonymous

a 1/4 inch drill should do it...but you shoud be able to jam the cage nut from underneath the seat (push seat all the way forward or backward depending on bolt location)with a screwdriver or a pair of vicegrips.

Good luck

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for help. I'm going to try the pliers/screwdriver idea. If not, DRILLING is next.

Guest Anonymous

donuts....is there anything they can't do?

~Homer