Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Power rear quarter window openers

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I remember reading about some of you who had installed power 1/4 window openers. The autumn 95 degree weather along with 50 degree mornings (so-cal) makes opening and closing the back windows a must. I'm interested in doing the power thing... I searched the FAQ but couldn't find anything. Please post.

Thanks

R

Guest Anonymous

Hard way: someone has adapted the power quarter window openers from a late model MOPAR mini van, hiding the mechanism either behind the back seat or inside the trunk. Hopefully someone on the board has a link.

Easy way: take a 1/2 inch or 5/8 inch wooden dowel, and screw a brass cup hook into one end. Then, depending on your height, cut the dowel so you can reach the right quarter window latch from the driver's seat. Bend the cup hook until the hook has a larger opening, so it will engage the knob on the top of the 02's rear quarter window latches. With a little practice, you can slip the hook over the right quarter window's knob, and push to open, pull to close. Works like a charm. You might want to force a brass ferrule around the hook end of the dowel to keep it from splitting...

Cheers

Mike