Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

THANKS to guys who posted the z4 shifter "upgrade"

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Just finished doing the "upgrade" this weekend in my m20/2002 project. It went so well that I feel it necessary to put out a big thanks to those guys and for that matter, everyone who posts here! Without the info gained from this board I can't imagine the extra hours and frustrations I would have endured. My grin is growing larger each week as I knock out project by project in anticipation of getting back on the road. I must have sat in my door-less shell for 30 minutes last night shifting and making car noises. I know for sure, without a doubt that all my neighbors now think I am nuts.

PS, if anyone is planning on doing a writeup for the faq section, I would be happy to contribute any pictures or scenero specific info. Since I did a 5spd/m20 install, mine might be a little different.

Guest Anonymous

The funny thing is that I tried that swap by luck a few months ago, only by comparing pictures of different shifters. Then, I thought "Hmmmm..." and tried it on my racecar.

Now I am glad it works for M20 conversions too.

Guest Anonymous

I seat in the car, close my eyes, and do an imaginary lap of the track, pretending I do every braking point, every downshift and every apex and track out.

Guest Anonymous

I live in Ada and am in OKC from time to time. I'd love to see your project. Lemme know where you are sometime!

Byron

76 02 inka

Guest Anonymous

We can hook up some time...