Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

my '02 is wiperless and I live in the NW!

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Hi all,

Rain season is coming up (winter-spring) here in the NW so I can no longer hold off on using rain-x. I gotta make my wipers work. They weren't installed when I got the car, but I had all the necessary parts (or so I thought). I can't seem to find the relay underneath the dash.. where EXACTLY is it located? (as specific as possible) I have a '75 btw. I've tested a few voltages. From the wiper switch to the ign switch with ign on I have 12 v. From the wiper motor contact to the battery terminal I have 12v. Do I just have a bad motor or what? I've tried two now, neither work at all! Does someone have a working wiper motor I could borrow or have to test mine out? I'll pay for shipping of course. What else could I be missing here? Also does anyone know which way (clockwise, ccw) richens/leans the mixture screws on 38/38 weber dgas off hand?

-Joe

Guest Anonymous

From the archives it appears that there is a wiper relay around the area of the flasher relay, which is located by the hood release lever. Maybe the problem is in the wiper stalk(?)..as for the 38/38, turning in ( clockwise) the mixture screws you'll be leaner, out enrichens. I have a 38/38 on my '74 2002, it has a higher compression motor (9.5:1 and 292 cam) and my mixtures screws are 2 turns out each, my only change is in the idle jets, due to the cam, I went to 55's. As a rule though, double check your fuse too, it operates the wipers and the brake light, the 12 fuse system 2002's that is, rotate the fuse, make sure the connection is tight too, good luck.

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

Guest Anonymous

The wiring isn't as straightforward as you might think due to the self-parking mechanism. The parking mechanism has to get power even after you turn the wiper switch off so the wipers will return to their parking spot at the bottom of the windshield. This makes the wiring a little complicated. Are you sure the relay itself is OK? How about the wiper switch?

Cheers

Mike