Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Ok, i'm finishing repairing all of my wiring damage, but #19

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

#19 is not to be found on the wiring diagram.

the initial damage has all been corrected, i'm in the process of hooking all of the wires back up. here's my problem.

the cable coming from the alternator that runs back to the cabin meets with the cable from the battery where i circled it in the picture. . . but #19 isnt labeled. looking at the burned up one, it looks like some funny in line fuse or connector or? what is that #19??

wiringhelp.jpg

Guest Anonymous

i guess it just threw me because it was numbered and not identified. . .where can i get a connector like that? no luck at autozone. . . i dont really know of any local speciality auto-electric shops. . .

this thing:

wiringhelp1.jpg

Guest Anonymous

the bulkhead . Prepare yourself for a very lage crimp thingy that is crimped and then soldered. I found it impossible to get it apart and ened up soldering to the damaged wires. Make sure you have a strong mechanical connection before you solder and use heat shrink as there is serious current thru these wires....Ask me how I know where #19 is???? Good luck

Guest Anonymous

a ton of work. You'll never make that good a connection without taking the harness out. Grainger Industrial Supply has the crimp device......My splice has worked fine for three years....

Guest Anonymous

new connector?

Guest Anonymous

crimping. Trust me crimping only would be snafu(situation normal all F''''' Up) It has to be soldered for the connection to work. It may work for awhile but as it heats and cools it will be a bad connection without soldering. The circuit carrys at least 10 amps of current and reprsents the heart of the electrical system.

Guest Anonymous

If you get a small tin can and melt a bar of solder in it you can flux the crimped wires and just dip them in the solder. This way the insulation doesn't get too hot etc.