Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Cleaning tii intake plenum/aluminum????

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Would like to clean up the cast aluminum pieces on my tii (valve cover/intake runner/plenum) has been exposed to some salt air/outside etc., Without taking it all a part and bead blasting, is their a product out there that will bring back more of the original even finish??? It isn't oily/greasy just has that old "mottled" aluminum look.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437966251&category=30173

this is how it came out, i saw a picture of someone who did the same, although he had a better finish, i think he spent a little more time doing it. i however didnt remove anything:

sorry its a blurry photo, my camera's dying:

blur.jpg

here's a link for a new one

i guess its not really the original finish, either, though

Guest Anonymous

Not into the "mirror" polish look or high polish, would rather just try and get the OEM (fresh cast aluminum) look, which I would imagine is pretty tough to get without bead blasting. So you used the cloth type polishing wheels? Any cleaner?

Guest Anonymous

you, i didnt really want a mirror finish either. . . later this evening i'll shoot you an e-mail with a decent picture. . .

Guest Anonymous

I used a dupont product that is for surface preparation on aluminum. I had the parts off the car but I don;t see why you couldn't do it in place. Be sure to wash everything realy well after using it. Labeled as "Step A 225s cleaner"

Guest Anonymous

my74tii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=159

got it done.