Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

California Agency Pushes for Smog Sensors

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

phone useage while driving have been "linked' to a lot more death and destruction than a few older cars smoking on decell- this state is driving me nuts. Maybe Ahhnnold will stop the legislature and air resouces board madness: maybe he will appoint some classic car friendly people to head the agency, with a little nudge from Jay Leno.Time to invest/invent plate covers that defeat auto picture capture guilty now cameras.

Guest Anonymous

sensor and a small flash mounted by the plate which would be triggered by the flash for their camera and would pop back in their direction immediately upon their flash firing. It's a surprisingly cheap solution.

Guest Anonymous

A quick spray of hairspray on the licence plate works well. theres also a product on the market that lasts longer.. but I can't remember the name

Guest Anonymous

one of his vauge campaign promises was to support programs to get old cars off the road. Beyond that, no idea what he meant.

Matt "Emissions? In SC we don't even have inspections!" P

Guest Anonymous

When I lived in Sacramento, whose air quality rivals LA's, the sight of an experimental smog beam rig on the local I80 off-ramp became quite familiar. I don't think the system is terribly effective, because in traffic you'll be seeing the smog from several cars at once, there will be lots of false positives from exempt vehicles, the system can't be tuned for any particular year of vehicle, and it will cost the state lots of cash to sort the legitimate cars from the violators. Also, unlike speed or redlight cameras, these sensors will be down at tailpipe level. A shot of spray paint, or even some tall weeds, will render them ineffective.

Mike