bmw emblem

jomergui

Hi everyone,

I have a 1975 Bmw 2002. Both the hood and the trunk Bmw emblems are in bad shape. The paint is coming off and the chrome is faded. The emblem that I found on ebay don't seem to quite match my existing ones. Mine seem sturdier and they are made of metal. Is there a place you would recommend I order mine? would those new modern emblems fit my 75? cheers for your help on this.

Jonathan

If you are feeling up to the challenge I would try re-painting them! I am actually in the process of doing mine. I bought "Testors" model plane paint. I actually just recently made this thread about it too. But if you just want new ones, I would choose BLUNT too. Blunt is hands down the best at customer service. 

Link to thread - http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/163495-roundel-re-painting/#entry1026493

-N

For a do-it-yourself repaint, check archives for some instructions.  The closest color to the original BMW blue is Testors 1111 model paint.  It's an easy job and fun to do.  And done correctly, it will look like a new emblem.  

Our cars came with stamped aluminum roundels and painted segments.  Current ones are thin metal with plastic/clear coated detail.  The plastic eventually sun rots and disintegrates--can't be easily repaired.  Stick with the original roundels and just plan to repaint 'em every 4-5 years.

cheers

mike

Archived