Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Everybody wanted a $10 off cupon for Harbor Freight Retail S

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Email me, I just got the latest flyer from them.

It's only good at the retail stores not mail order etc.

Nows the time to save $ on the light/quickie jack.

Guest Anonymous

It looks too good to be true. What's the skinny?

rustycoupe2000atyahoodotcom

Guest Anonymous

garage jack. The brakcets that hold the wheels are slightly different, the Harbor Freight jack has a slightly different construction on the lift arm (the HF one is boxed, the Griot's is not).

Otherwise the mechanism and important parts look identical.

I have one and am a very happy camper.

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

will get one for Christmas for myself... or i mean, my wife will get me one for Christmas, or maybe I can get HER one for Christmas and I can borrow it. That way I can still get that flare kit I've been wanting...

Guest Anonymous

We used them on the track all summer. Once you try them, you can't do without them. It is really addictive. They are so light...

You can place the jack with one hand and you don't break your back anymore. And they are very low...

Guest Anonymous

My guess is that your right hand will become your best friend for a few months...

Guest Anonymous

seems that it lifts Alfas, Mustangs, you- name- it as well as BMW's.

Having said that, there are several things to keep in mind: It's a racing jack, so instead of lots of leverage, you have to use your whole body to lift the car. It goes up quickly, but with a lot of work. It's cheaply- made Chinese product, so it probably won't last for 50 years. But who knows? If you're the kind that has to have the best, buy a real jack for $600. If, like me, you'd rather spend $450 on the car than on the tools, it might be just right.

The one problem I have with it is that it doesn't roll as the car is being jacked up. Which meant that, in front, the jack could slip off the front subframe and drop onto the car's oil pan. Which is BAD! So I removed the rubber plate, and pay attention, and it's only happened once. But once was enought to mess up the oil pan pretty seriously...

fwiw,

t