This little light of mine...

okfmby

Thanks for the response. but I continue to be dense.  I've taken the two screws out of the lense side, without result.  As expensive as these things are, i'm reluctant to yank on the lenses.  Do I unscrew the entire thing from inside the fender?

Hey Bro, this is a slam dunk switch over for you BUT I'm in South County if you need any help. I changed several of my bulbs to LEDs - parking light bulbs, brake light bulbs, side marker lights, changed the turn signal lights to amber (not to mention re-painted the lens housing as well).

Thanks for all the replies!  What I discovered:  The LED replacements don't work in this unit.  On inspection the original bulbs have two contact points on the base, not one like the LED.  Secondly, I discovered, after much #$@%ing and &*^%$ing that the unit has to be screwed into the body for the light to work.  Some kind of grounding thing?  Oh, and yes the gaskets were very, very dry.  Got to find some silicone.  Any suggestions on the proper LED for the front turn signals?

Archived