NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE: Brand new weber 40 DCOE, linkage, and everything you need

I have a brand new set of weber 40 dcoe's. Purchased from Ireland engineering along with new linkage and new sock filters. I have all of the water bypass pipes, a set of cannon intake manifolds, and I'm sure a few more spare parts to go along with the sale.

After talking to my local mechanics, it seems like quite an expensive task to get them properly setup (as tuning quad carbs is an art and there's a dying breed of mechanics who work on them) and seeing as the car is my daily driver, I've finally broke down and decided its best to just part ways with the setup and use the money to fund other projects.

I'm going to start off @ $1500 obo, again these are brand new never ran ($450 each) plus all the bits and pieces needed to convert over to the weber dcoes

NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE: I went ahead and installed it, took me 5 hours, easiest install ever in my book... If anybody has any questions I started a thread in the General Discussion Forum.

post-41531-0-46488100-1434302038_thumb.j

LOL Eurotrash - Twin Webers are for those who like to fiddle with their cars allot.  I'd say for a daily driver, a two barrel downdraft is a much better choice.  I wonder what a single 45 and lynx manifold is like to drive with a stock 2.0L motor?

Lose the skirt.  Grab a tool box, an AFM, and get to work. :)

Its not as bad as you have been made to think. Read: There is margin in **mystery**. 

You can do it!! 

I'm in Portland Oregon.

I do like to tinker with my cars and feel very confident that I could make it work myself. however, since it is my only means of transportation I feel the money would be better spent on other projects. The car runs fantastic as is, and I sort of enjoy the stock-ness about it. Why fix it I it ain't broke!?

If your engine is stock, the side drafts would gain you relatively nothing...  Only put them on if you have at least a mild cam and headers. imo...

If it's your only means of transport... the installation project will invariably run into snags and leave you stranded.

That being said... tuning sidedrafts isn't rocket science.  I just walked another FAQer thru his final tune and all he did was pull info off this site. Didn't take him long at all.

My $0.02...

Ed Z

Again, its not the tuning aspect of things, its the daily driving of things. I have a 4-1 header, and an ireland exhaust (glass pack replaced the center resonator). The engine was rebuilt by Mike O'Hara (via the PO), and I do not think he did any upgrades, but the engine runs strong. I had thought about installing a cam but a recent quote threw that idea onto the backburner. I could do the work myself, but only if I had a second car.

I am not worried about the drivability of DCOE's nor the tuning of it. I would prefer a professional get them initially setup, but most places I've talked to either laughed at me, told me to get a 38/38 instead, or just said it can be done but its going to be expensive. I also feel like it is taking a huge risk to install them on my daily driver. Not only is the car running excellent with its single 40 solex, but its also getting better gas mileage than I would see with the DCOE's. I also need to make sure the car runs and drives the very next day. If it was a second car, they would be on there in a moments notice.

I thank you all for such encouraging words, and if you live close enough to Portland, I invite you over with beer to chat about it more, but I still could use the money for other projects. New carpet, turn signal switch, sway bars, reupholster the new recaro's I bought, buy that eurotrash audio setup (drool..) the list goes on...  What good does the carburetors do me in a box hidden away? I had a spare head that they were on which looked fantastic as a centerpiece, but my mantle is now pays homage to space shuttles.

post-41531-0-88607000-1426108188_thumb.j

I have in my 68 a 2.0L rebuilt by bmw back in the 80's that smokes like the dickens.. When I got the car, it had either a solex 38 or 40 (can't remember).. everything else is stock.  The twin 40 webers made a huge difference in engine performance (the awesome noise they make alone is worth it).

Again, its not the tuning aspect of things, its the daily driving of things. I have a 4-1 header, and an ireland exhaust (glass pack replaced the center resonator). The engine was rebuilt by Mike O'Hara (via the PO), and I do not think he did any upgrades, but the engine runs strong. I had thought about installing a cam but a recent quote threw that idea onto the backburner. I could do the work myself, but only if I had a second car.

I am not worried about the drivability of DCOE's nor the tuning of it. I would prefer a professional get them initially setup, but most places I've talked to either laughed at me, told me to get a 38/38 instead, or just said it can be done but its going to be expensive. I also feel like it is taking a huge risk to install them on my daily driver. Not only is the car running excellent with its single 40 solex, but its also getting better gas mileage than I would see with the DCOE's. I also need to make sure the car runs and drives the very next day. If it was a second car, they would be on there in a moments notice.

I thank you all for such encouraging words, and if you live close enough to Portland, I invite you over with beer to chat about it more, but I still could use the money for other projects. New carpet, turn signal switch, sway bars, reupholster the new recaro's I bought, buy that eurotrash audio setup (drool..) the list goes on...  What good does the carburetors do me in a box hidden away? I had a spare head that they were on which looked fantastic as a centerpiece, but my mantle is now pays homage to space shuttles.

attachicon.gifIMG_0152_2.jpg

I have in my 68 a 2.0L rebuilt by bmw back in the 80's that smokes like the dickens.. When I got the car, it had either a solex 38 or 40 (can't remember).. everything else is stock.  The twin 40 webers made a huge difference in engine performance (the awesome noise they make alone is worth it).

Archived