• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling all drivers - 2015 edition

M3M3

time for another attempt to get y'all to have some real fun with your cars...2002 or otherwise!

the 2015 track school season is starting up!

here is the SCCA school schedule.  all schools at Summit Point Motorsports Park. there are three separate tracks there!

March 14-15th  Main Circuit     PDX and Club Trials

April 18th        Shenandoah       Advanced PDX and Invitational Instructor Clinic

July 18-19       Shenandoah        PDX & Club Trials

August 1-2      Main Circuit         Intermediate & Advanced PDX

Sept 12-13     Main Circuit         PDX & Club Trials

Oct 24-25       Jefferson (new!)  PDX & Club Trials  

here is the advertising blub for the first SCCA event along with links to the sked, supps and registration site.

-------------------

The PDX/CT first event of the 2015 season will be March 14-15 on the Summit Point Main.  We are again using online registration system for this event, MotorsportReg.com.

You can attend Saturday, Sunday or get a discounted price for attending both days.  New "All You Can Eat" option gives you full sessions in both PDX and CT on the same day with further discounts.  Use  this link to register.

Students: attending our competition license drivers' school on March 28-29?  This event is on the same track with some of the same instructors as our school!  Even better - there is a $100 rebate for novice permit holders who attend this PDX/CT and our school.  What a deal!

And for track days events - deferred payment!  You can now register early since your credit card will not be charged until the event.  Please pay close attention to the SUPPS for information on cancellation and refunds, etc.

For full season schedule and more information, visit the Track Days page of our website.

Come out and join us for the PDX/CT season opener!    

-----------------------------------------------------------

i wil probably be instructing at all the SCCA events.

I will add more events soon.  there are NCC BMWCCA events coming up and NJC BMW CCA events planned.

2xM3

great first event of the season!  hope i provided enough entertainment for Peter at T3!

two of the students also had 2002's (not race cars at the track). one of which was a young lady heading for competition school in two weeks in her E30.  she has a cool story about inheriting her 2002 (72 tii) from her father and bringing it from colorado to virginia last summer.  here is thread on the car from the r3v forum.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323533&highlight=2002

2xM3

It was a good time. There was a viper that was just a little too much car for the damp track. He kept us busy at turn 3.

If you can't afford the track time, like me, you can work 3 days (not whole events just days) and get a free pdx day. Sounds like a deal to me! And the instructors are nice enough to give the workers a ride around in the last session.

Come on out next time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

great first event of the season!  hope i provided enough entertainment for Peter at T3!

two of the students also had 2002's (not race cars at the track). one of which was a young lady heading for competition school in two weeks in her E30.  she has a cool story about inheriting her 2002 (72 tii) from her father and bringing it from colorado to virginia last summer.  here is thread on the car from the r3v forum.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323533&highlight=2002

Wow - excellent thread on the white tii!  Thanks for the link.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 6 months later...

marc caden is doing it.

not the last chance of the season.  i am instructing at the scca pdx oct  24-25.  it is on the new summit jefferson track.

scca two day fee is only $325.

and then there is the audi club event at VIR 7-8 NOV.....;-)

the season has lots more to offer!

2xM3

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors