a sad story with DHL

kiva667

At the end of January I bought an OVP NK radiator on German ebay for the reasonable price of $140, which included shipping to my door in the USA. Considering that W & N lists the item for nearly $500 excluding shipping, I thought I had a real bargain.

But then DHL got involved. The package made it to Frankfurt Flughaven, according to the tracking, where it disappeared. DHL told me that as far as they were concerned it had gone to the States, but they refused to look for it because not enough time had elasped. The seller found this out when he asked them to investigate, since only the seller can initiate a search.

Now, finally, enough time has elepase for DHL to agree to look for the package. But since it has been a month exactly since it disappeared I don't hold much hope. VISA has promised to refund my $140 should the radiator remain in limbo but honestly, I would rather have the radiator than the money.

I would hold tight, even though it is maddening.

I've had stuff, via Germany / DHL, make it here in 2 to 4 weeks…….while

some other things have taken 8 weeks. Same thing, the trail is lost

when searching via DHL, and then the boxes seem to show up

via USPS !

Good luck and give it a bit more patience / time.

jh

It is the US customs that takes so long. It actually makes it from Europe to US in less than a week and then it sits here. It always takes about a month and a half when I order stuff from Germany through BMW. I would really wait at least two months or more now because of bad weather everywhere in the US and Europe. I don't think US customs people are in any hurry.

I know about the slow handling time at Customs but what puzzles me is that the USPS tracking number, which is different from the DHL version, has never been updated either. It too shows the package disappearing in Frankfurt. Oh well, patience is required. If the radiator shows up I will report back.

Dhl sucks . Next time use German mail it is faster but will cost more. I just received bunch of seat belt parts after waiting 2 month and I have to work night and day to finish fellows orders waiting for new belts for months, dhl delayed . Once items were in us it took only a week to get to my door.

I did 3 différents orders from W & N they shipped DHL ...I received my order in 5 working days for 2 of them and 1 took 6 days !!!

But I live in Quebec Canada.But when I order something from U.S. I always received my stock 12 to 15 working days , never before ...why I don't know!!!

Archived