bendy tabs?

mdh

Hello,

After exhausting my patience with searching I was wondering what the metal bendy tabs that hold wiring and lines on the body were called. Also, what can be used to replace the ones that have broken off or have been cut off?

Regards,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

do you mean these clamps fixing the harness to the body in the engine compartment? If yes, it's #6 here:

post-42081-0-15003200-1425543696_thumb.p

You can replace them by #11 (two lenghts available). Those ones are installed above the radiator. But it can be a pita to fix them because the harness is extremely stiff and the plastic straps are not so strong. Otherwise, they don't rust...

Hen

Brake pipe bracket from an E30 (not E21, I was mistaken) 34.32.1.160.027. I used a nylon spacer (thickness of foam heatshield and screwed from the interior. Check parts listings, there are many more configurations (with a prong for instance) that you may like better.

JimG--I cut the old tabs off used the plastic fittings for a E21 (attached with a screw fro the back).

Sorry - forgot that you already told me about those pieces.  

Also - my 69 nose had metal tabs to secure the wiring harness along the radiator portion - the replacement 71 nose used the plastic hoop connectors (# 11 in above graphic).

Archived