Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

please post an original 1600/2002 guage area picture..

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I need a clean image showing the guage cluster area including the switches. Are they all located in the same place for older/later year 02's ? I thought I have seen pictures of different locations for the switches...

TIA

Guest Anonymous

...it's:

Upper left - headlights

Lower left - heater blower

Upper right - cigarette lighter

Lower right - wiper on/off/speed

I think the main changes were:

The substitution of the rear defrost for the blower control when the latter went to the aluminum panel on the lower dash (circa mid-'71, I think), and

The substitution of a fog light switch (when equipped) for the wiper switch when the wiper controls moved entirely to the stalk (circa '74). The wiper switch had earlier become just a speed control when the on/off function went to the right-hand stalk (circa mid-'71).

I'm fuzzy on the last two, but I know what mine are. Someone with later cars can help.

-Dave

Colorado '71

Guest Anonymous

had the hazard switch in a cardboard fascia underneath the steering column.

Guest Anonymous

that conforms to the curved underside of the steering column surround...these cars didn't have the lower column padding. This panel has two knockout plugs for more switches...probably optional fog lights and rear window defogger.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

is attached to the carboard panel that confroms to the curve of the steering column covers. At least on the 67 I saw.

Guest Anonymous

I want to do my '68 this way....perhaps Alcanuck can do some of his up like this. It would be a real quality kit no doubt!