slaviklungu

[PNW Introductions!] Who are you? Where are you from?

134 posts / 13981 viewsLast Reply

hi im leaf

im happy i found this forum as i have a couple of issues

i live in ballard

1. so gas smell

-rubber boot thing totally cracked,

-also gas leaking from sender on top of tank 

-im sure there is somthing else too ha

2. blow back dripping from the air filter the previous owner attached directly to the valve cover. 

-a catch can is the solution eh? i just ordered this super cheapo one... look ok?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076BKV7JF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Im most nervous about this one....

there is some oil build up under the car around the transmission so i got under there to examine... then i found this super funky "patch job"?

Im not sure what that part is? is it really bad to drive with that part in that condition? 

the car seems to drive great ....i dont have any reference points to gauge that conclusion but she rips around town and i drove from tacoma to seattle going 85-90 the whole way at 2 am last night.....

thanks so much for any insights that may be shared 

IMG_20180701_141744.jpg

IMG_20180701_141742.jpg

IMG_20180629_163242.jpg

Nah, that "patch," just covers a factory hole. Usually there's a big foam pad there (you can see what's left of it).

Need a new filler neck and sender o-ring. Get a hold of Blunt, he'll hook you up.

These cars came factory with the crankcase vent hooked to the air cleaner. If you have a lot of blowby, yeah, use a can, otherwise, f it, burn it.... Plus it's an old car, it's going to leak. You can sort some of the leaks, but it takes time and luck.

Good luck!

Hey Leaf, welcome to the insane asylum. 

I live in Ballard as well. We should hook up. PM me.

James

On 7/20/2018 at 9:14 PM, Teelinger said:

Hey Leaf, welcome to the insane asylum. 

I live in Ballard as well. We should hook up. PM me.

James

James, I may have saw you on Friday on Aurora. I was heading south on a white Lambretta and waved at a 2002 like the one in your profile photo

Hey Joe! I think I remember seeing you. Do you happen to know Dan Hill? He's a neighbor and big into the scooter scene and also owns a white lambretta. 

Hey! my name is Anthony and I just got my first 74' 2002! I'm from Atlanta GA and I I've lived in Seattle for 4 years (Ballard for 3) 

Welcome Anthony! Cheers to another Ballard 02. We should get together with Leaf for coffee.

What color is your car? Post some pics!

James

On 7/24/2018 at 7:40 PM, Teelinger said:

Hey Joe! I think I remember seeing you. Do you happen to know Dan Hill? He's a neighbor and big into the scooter scene and also owns a white lambretta. 

doesn't sound familiar, but I may know him

So incredible seeing all the 2002 folks popping up around the Portland area. I would absolutely love to gather for a 2002 meet where you can come out with your family or significant other (car counts) and just hangout and we can get to meet one another. I can bring donuts and coffee. Who'd be down for a crisp Saturday morning in early October?🍁🍩🚘

• Like 2

4 hours ago, slaviklungu said:

So incredible seeing all the 2002 folks popping up around the Portland area. I would absolutely love to gather for a 2002 meet where you can come out with your family or significant other (car counts) and just hangout and we can get to meet one another. I can bring donuts and coffee. Who'd be down for a crisp Saturday morning in early October?🍁🍩🚘

depends on my schedule and weather, but I'd be down.

Also, on Saurtday Oct 6, after the Eugene cars & coffee, we're planning a Fall colors run up to Mary's Peak. 

5 minutes ago, joebarthlow said:

depends on my schedule and weather, but I'd be down.

Also, on Saurtday Oct 6, after the Eugene cars & coffee, we're planning a Fall colors run up to Mary's Peak. 

We can do after that!

Any more details on the Mary Peak drive? Link?

23 minutes ago, slaviklungu said:

We can do after that!

Any more details on the Mary Peak drive? Link?

I'll post details after our Sept. 1st c&c

(edited)

PNW 2002'ers: BMW CCA is hosting MotorFest 9 on September 8th, 2018.

Come out with your friends and family, would love to meet everyone!

Portland group rolls out at 9:30AM, suggested check-in time with tour meister is 9AM.

Washougal group rolls out at 9:45AM, suggested check-in time with tour meister is 9:15AM.

MotorFest begins at 11AM on private grass venue, along the shores of beautiful Mint Lake in Yacolt, Washington.

REGISTRATION REQUIRED HERE: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/motorfest-9-mint-lake-bmw-cca-oregon-700126

[$5 of your $20 entry fee will go directly to the Meals on Wheels organization to provide food and support for those who cannot get out on their own]

For any additional details, please head to link above. That was just a brief summary of event, would love to see everyone there. After that, we can look forward to some more localized events in Portland.

See you soon?

Edited by slaviklungu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, slaviklungu said:

PNW 2002'ers: BMW CCA is hosting MotorFest 9 on September 8th, 2018.

unfortunately I have plans that weekend on the coast. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.