slaviklungu

[PNW Introductions!] Who are you? Where are you from?

134 posts / 14442 viewsLast Reply

Thanks Mike. I see you picked up the Tii. Good for you. I'll be reaching out for some parts once I get a better sense of what I've got and what I need.

James

Any one on here get the Silver 73 Tii on Orcas Island that was on CL last year

Sorry, that's a little too far for me to do tonight but I'd be up for helping out for something closer to the Seattle area. I'm new as well and just bought my first 02. My suggestion would be to take your time and drive several different cars before making your decision. PM me your contact info and we're can talk more offline.

James

Hello!!  New 2002 owner in West Seattle.  Bought a '73 Inka about two months ago and love it!  I have an M42 being rebuilt along with a 4.10 LSD.  Can't wait!!

I recently found this forum, and it's already been helpful as my wipers stopped working and I found a few threads on oiling, etc.  Hope to get that resolved this weekend (actually, hope to not make a big mess!).  

Anyway, honk if you see me driving around the Seattle area.  

Cheers,

Colby 

2002Front.JPG

2002Profile.JPG

Welcome to the group Colby, nice ride! If you haven't already, you should post introduction to the general 02 discussion board as well. Great group of people on here. But be warned: learn to use the search function first before posting a question. This place tends to reward those who help themselves first ;).

Also, there are a couple of events coming up in May: the Lemay Museum BMW event in Tacoma and Burgers & Bimmers at XXX Root Beer in Issaquah. And the group is trying to plan something in June as well. Hope to meet you at one of the events soon.

Last, who's working on your M42? Do you know about Patrick O'Neal at Midnight Motorsports? He's got a shop in West Seattle and works on several of our cars. Great guy and a great resource.

Cheers, James

Thanks, James!  Good call on the intro in the General section; will do that.  And I'll be sure to search first and ask second. Hopefully I can make some of the meet-ups - sounds like a blast. 

Kevin Doyle at KD-Motorsports is doing my engine rebuild.  He came highly recommended from a friend and has some great feedback on R3vlimited.  I didn't know about Patrick or Midnight Motorsports - very good to know.  I'll contact him as there are several things I want to do to my car that he may be able to help with.  Thanks again!!

Hope to meet you and others on here soon.

(edited)

Welcome to the group....very nice ride.

You are lucky to be close to Midnight Auto. As James points out,  Patrick is a great resource and very matriculate in his work. I for one am happy to drive a couple of hours to get mine worked on. .....(actually 3+ today now that they closed 99, but I digress).  Drop by his shop and introduce yourself ....won't be disappointed and happy you did.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by joysterm

Met Patrick today - you guys are right; great guy who knows a ton!  Cool guy too.  He spent about 40 minutes checking out my car, discussing things (most of which I was clueless about) and even took my ride for a spin.  Turns out he's also already giving the guy who's rebuilding my M42 some thoughts on the project.  So nice to have this guys less than 4 miles from my house.  Only downside is that he's pretty booked up.  Thanks again for the great resource!!

Colby

Oh, and I registered for the BMW 100 year celebration.  Hope to see some of you folks next Sunday!

Yep, he's busy. Best to plan ahead if/when you're ready. You'll be in good hands with him.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Lemay event.

James

On February 24, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Nesset127 said:

Anacortes! Just about an hour and a half north of Seattle. Little Croatian founded fishing town, now a tourist trap. My 76' Fjord square tail is my first car and I've put 3,000 miles on her in the last six months. Loving every bit of it. Other than broken motor mounts...

-Nesset

Hi, I'm in Anacortes too! Just bought my 74 tii a couple months ago. We should meet at Penguin or something!

Hi All,

I'm Dave, and have a 74tii. I'm about two months into it and have done the clutch, ie header and exhaust, wheels, and a complete brake refresh is in the mail. Live in Anacortes, and anywhere around here is a beautiful drive! Would like to meet up if any of you are around!

Hi -

In Spokane, just bought a 1974 2002.  Hoping to find recommendations for local experts for service.

Also interested in the best online parts suppliers.

Thanks for the help.

ds

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.