• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[PNW Introductions!] Who are you? Where are you from?

S-L

Russell here, I am a long time member, seen a lot of you folks every Feb 2 or so.

023.jpg

I'm in Seattle and usually up for a drive. My car has been a little temperamental lately, but I think I've got is sorted out.  

Going in for some paint and body work though, since last year a box spring mattress flew off a pick up truck on I-5 and crashed into my hood. HeadGasket2008009.jpg

Kinda late on this thread...

VancouverBC. There are a handful of guys here, if you don't count the people who mysteriously drive by in an original 02 and the guy doesn't really know why your waving at him.

I'm trying to find more time to drive south and visit the Seattle area. Would love to hook up and gab about my/our addiction.

Cheers,

Paul

Jesse: I especially appreciate your car. Very unique, to me at least.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

• 2 months later...

I have joined this group because I spend around half of the year out here although my residence and '02 are currently in SD. I have had an '02 since 74, yeah I'm old, and I hope to have Patrick tweak the engine next year. I will be coming back from Alaska on the day of the picnic and will try to stop by to meet some of you and get some inspiration for my build. I spend most of my time out here in Quartemaster Harbor on Vashon.

We're not a really big group in the WA area. We get lucky every year or two and have a meet with about 25 people at it. But there's a handful of us around. Usually events are posted here for meets in the SEA area. 

IMG_0026.JPG

That looks like it happened on Bainbridge somewhere. First guess was Fay Bainbridge but it's not looking the right way. Nice spot for a meeting anyway. 

IIRC, it was the Don Armeni boat ramp, in West Seattle.

This is correct. That's, if my memory serves me right, the 02/02/02 +(Insert what ever number we're up to here) meet/drive we have every year. Great fun!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Hello PNW community. I grew up in Kenmore and now live in the Wedgwood neighborhood in Seattle. I’ve got a blue 1972 2002 which I’ve owned since 2001. It was my daily driver for all but the last 3 years. Back when I was going to college in eastern Idaho I made the drive back and forth at least 20 times in the 02. I’ve have many memorable adventures driving through snow, sun, and every other weather condition imaginable through the Rockies. Cheers

post-34817-0-06032100-1437089167_thumb.j

I almost never come to the group any more, since Tapatalk for the iphone and ipad don't want to let me post in the groups.

Anyway, I live in Kent, work in Renton. I'm usually up for getting one of my old BMWs out for a bit of fun. I just had my 02 out yesterday after replacing the carpet. I forgot how much fun that little beastie is to drive.

Sorry I missed the picnic yesterday - it looked like a good time.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I am a little late here.  My name is Zach and I am in the north end of Tacoma (work in Bellevue :( ).  My 1975 has been an on going project but is pretty much done now.  Let me know if anyone in the south end wants to meet up at the water or Griots Garage in Tacoma.

Griots would be a great place to have a large group meet.  I can make arrangements for that (with the help of Stu of course) if people are interested.  If you have not been to Griots its worth the trip.  Most of the time they will accommodate a group and set up a demo on how to detail (tips and instruction).  

Lots of fun if you are into cars. 

1975 2002 Pastellblau 

Hello

I live in North Bend Wa and work in Kirkland, picked this up 2013 from Orcus Island.

IMAG0631_zps3b401228.jpg

It's a 1972 w/manual trans, original paint, non runner been parked since 1991.

Never met Brian Capp but drove by his old place lots of times.

Look Forward to meeting many of you.

Thanks, Darin

Edited by Fatherof3

Hello All,

I'm in Ballard and just bought my first 02! I posted an introduction on the general discussion forum but want to post here as well. Looking forward to getting involved with the group and meeting as many of you as possible.

Cheers, James

WP 20150809 20 46 10 Pro

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors