slaviklungu

[PNW Introductions!] Who are you? Where are you from?

140 posts / 15779 viewsLast Reply

I cannot tell if this this is ready to be painted, or was given the “stressed” look on purpose.

The insides (that is there) is not bad, but not what I want. Seats are leather/electric, which is nice, but makes the rear passenger area unacessible. Will sort that out in due time.

Welcome Brandon!

Looks like you have a nice spot to work on your new project. I think you'll find the community here is very helpful. Either way on that paint, it looks wanting for some attention :) Guess it depends on what your plan for the car are.

(edited)

Thank you jimbojames!

Yes, I am lucky, and have a pretty big garage to make a mess of. As for the car, I know what I *WANT* to do, but my skills and pocketbook will likely hold me back a bit.

More than anything else, I want it to be a comfortable and reliable daily driver. I do have my work cut out for me though. I am missing: heater/defrost; rear seat; sun visors; rear-view mirrors; knobs to open front vent windows; windshield washer reservoir/pump motor; cabin dome light; and radiator over-flow tank.

That is all that I know I need, after about 2 weeks of ownership. I am sure that list will become much longer.

I need heat now, so I will likely prioritize that.

As for paint, I think that a lot of the prep work has been done, but probably a lot yet left to go. I can not read the original paint code, as that has been over-sprayed. It is a magnificent dark blue though. In time, I will save up for a nice paint job.

I am currently of the belief that I will never be able to make this a real "head turner" of a car, but I want to do all that to make it as functional as possible.

Again, thank you for the welcome.

Brandon

Edited by ChittyChittyBangBang

On 9/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

Thank you jimbojames!

Yes, I am lucky, and have a pretty big garage to make a mess of. As for the car, I know what I *WANT* to do, but my skills and pocketbook will likely hold me back a bit.

More than anything else, I want it to be a comfortable and reliable daily driver. I do have my work cut out for me though. I am missing: heater/defrost; rear seat; sun visors; rear-view mirrors; knobs to open front vent windows; windshield washer reservoir/pump motor; cabin dome light; and radiator over-flow tank.

That is all that I know I need, after about 2 weeks of ownership. I am sure that list will become much longer.

I need heat now, so I will likely prioritize that.

As for paint, I think that a lot of the prep work has been done, but probably a lot yet left to go. I can not read the original paint code, as that has been over-sprayed. It is a magnificent dark blue though. In time, I will save up for a nice paint job.

I am currently of the belief that I will never be able to make this a real "head turner" of a car, but I want to do all that to make it as functional as possible.

Again, thank you for the welcome.

Brandon

I have many of those parts. If you ever get over to the Seattle area you're welcome to come by and dig through my parts shelves!

As far as the "head turner," screw it man. Drive the thing! They're meant to be driven! Yes, I enjoy looking at my '02, but I REALLY enjoy driving it. 

Good luck!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.