Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Repost- Any good 2002 Mechanics anywhere near Albany, NY?

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

2002WhiteFade.jpg

Hi again-

No response last time so I'm trying again. Does anyone know a shop or mechanic that's good with 2002s in the New York/Mass/Vermont area? I have a friend who just bought her first 2002 and I need to find her a good shop to help keep it up. Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

Matt and Dan McGinn's shop (Sportscar Restorations) in Plantsville Connecticut. (Between Danbury and Hartford) They do mostly body restorations, but they know these cars by HEART...and TRULY CARE about them!

Maybe a haul from Albany, but I'd check them out!

Heck! I drove 350 miles to have them do the restoration on my '73 02. Absolutely NO regrets!!!!

Guest Anonymous

In Ballston Spa, NY, go to Quality Foreign Car Care,

ask for the owner, Paul Hicks, his phone number is 518-885-1781. Tell him Tim Laskey sent you. I have used him for years. He helped me sort out some tricky details on my latest project, a 1975 2002 which I swapped a 1989 325is M20 six cyl. into (FAST). He is honest and very competent with BMW's. He does excellent work and his pricing is fair. He only works on the european cars : BMW, Mercedes, volvo, saab,porsche, etc. He has worked on many of my past cars in the past 10-15 years or so. Drop me an email if you need more info. I will give you my phone # & we can talk directly. I live in Saratoga and work in Troy, it would be great to get together to talk 2002's. If you need a hand with yours or maybe some extra parts, I have some left over from my conversion that I no longer need. Good luck with the car. They are a lot of fun.

Tim 75 Verona Red M20

Guest Anonymous

It's a little drive for you, but they will work on your 2002. I think there's also Eric Kerman someplace in upstate ny..not sure exactly where he's located however.....Kerman Auto Werks is the name of his shop I believe...

Guest Anonymous

2002WhiteFade.jpg

Thanks so much Tim! I'm actually out here in San Francisco, but I just found a '73 2002 for a dear friend in Albany. I will send her all of the info you posted and if you'd like to email me your contact info I'll give it to her as well. She's totally new to vintage cars and 2002s, so I'm trying to give her all the help I can. Your car sounds like a monster, got any pics? Cheers!

>Davin

Guest Anonymous

Davin,

Forward my info to her, I would be glad to help out a fellow 02 enthusiast. Have her email me I will send her my phone #.

Tim