Lower trim piece replacement

aholderith

as much as i can tell from your small, far away picture, the knee moulding, lower trim on your car does not look original...it appears to be the stick on type...the original is rigid and has a strip of stainless showing around all edges of the trim piece

I agree with the lady from N. Miss...it looks too skinny...and I don't see holes for attachment..Is your car early 71 or before?..if so, it didn't originally come with said trim, or the holes were filled by a PO, and then someone added the stick-on..take a good close-up picture, or take the car to an Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc and try to match. Good luck.

Dave V. in NC

FWIW...if you don't want to drill holes and want to use the stick on trim, i found some trim a while back that matches the original pretty well and is self adhesive...iirc, i found it at this site...you may be better to replace it all so it matches

http://www.customautotrim.com/products/moldings/body.htm

if you don't find it the just google self adhesive side moulding, etc

There is a singular hole behind that missing trim piece, and I guess the only way to find out if there are holes behind the other pieces is to pull it off. If there are no holes, I'm OK with lower trim delete because of the $300 price tag on a new OEM set. 

Thanks esty, but I can't find anything too similar that would look normal on the car, plus I really like to keep the car as original as possible as we restore it.

Archived