'67 2000: it's back on ebay this time

kiva667

The same red car that was in Seattle last year with the '02 pedals and the erector set strut mounts is for sale again, on ebay. Erector set bits are gone but pedals are still there. The car seems to have been lavishly detailed for this sale, with about 1000 pics on ebay. Hasn't met reserve:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-2002-2000-Neue-Klasse-1967-bmw-2000-1-of-4-564-arizona-car-rare-factory-behr-a-c-4-speed-manual-/381164623465?forcerrptr=true&hash=item58bf2e9669&item=381164623465&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I've never seen it in person, but there was a thread a year or so ago, with more info. I "think" some Seattle folks had seen it? It looks good in the pics, esp. the interior. What gets me is that it has become a "flipper" car, instead of a true enthusiast getting it. It sold last year for 4-ish, a few weeks ago for 9-ish, and now ____? I'm sure these guys want 16+ for it, who knows?

This happened to that NK 1600 that was for sale on/off via Ebay this past year. A $200 detail job and $500 in a reupholstered drivers seat added 14k to the overall fair price. That car never sold, to my knowledge.

jh

I've never seen it in person, but there was a thread a year or so ago, with more info. I "think" some Seattle folks had seen it? It looks good in the pics, esp. the interior. What gets me is that it has become a "flipper" car, instead of a true enthusiast getting it. It sold last year for 4-ish, a few weeks ago for 9-ish, and now ____? I'm sure these guys want 16+ for it, who knows?

This happened to that NK 1600 that was for sale on/off via Ebay this past year. A $200 detail job and $500 in a reupholstered drivers seat added 14k to the overall fair price. That car never sold, to my knowledge.

jh

Sorry about that.

Askingprice is 29,900$.

Ah, now I see what Hans W. was talking about, a direct buy on their site for 29k !

There ya go, my blank above has been filled in.

Sold for less that 4k a year ago, a few weeks ago for 9k, and now 29k. Those are some healthy leaps!

I know the market has shifted, just a bit, but nothing like these numbers. Not even close.

Drive on, Jim H

• 9 months later...

Ah, now I see what Hans W. was talking about, a direct buy on their site for 29k !

There ya go, my blank above has been filled in.

Sold for less that 4k a year ago, a few weeks ago for 9k, and now 29k. Those are some healthy leaps!

I know the market has shifted, just a bit, but nothing like these numbers. Not even close.

Drive on, Jim H

Archived