Trying to find Mark Lemmon

simonr

I am trying to locate Mark Lemmon M&N2002 owner of the Miller and Norburn 2002 #64. He has posted a few times on here. I own the Miller and Norburn 2002 #65. I purchased the car in Simpsonville S.C.

last fall. I have little or no history on the car except it was owned by a Will Bonner and before that a Bo Lemmon. If anyone has info on how I can contact Mark or has any info on this car . I would greatly appreciate it. I do know it is a replica. Best regards Simon Robinsonpost-45940-0-13558200-1424378069_thumb.j

If I'm not mistaken, #64, the ex-Nick Craw car, is owned by Scott Hughes, longtime CCA member and member of the BMW CCA Foundation board. When I first started going to vintage races back in the early 80s, I remember seeing #64 and #65 running together at Road Atlanta. At that time, they were owned by a couple of friends out of SC; one of the cars, not sure which one, was owned by Bo and Anna Lemmon of the "Lower Catawba Valley Philosophical Society and Racing Team". They were always good for an infield visit - they had a lot of fun.

David

Thanks for the info!!! I know Mark Lemmon has the sister car to mine. These cars are Tribute cars (replicas of the real Miller and Norburn cars) Mark has posted pictures of the #64 car on the FAQ. I believe that Mark is related to Bo Lemmon . They have the key to the history on my car. The #64 & 65 replicas are highly modified 2002 race cars . I have a fax copy of a letter written to Bo Lemmon from Preston Miller stating it was one of his cars . The history of these cars is muddy. I would love to clear it up just a little . The car was sold to me as an "authenticated Replica" . I have two SVRA log books one from Bo Lemmon and one from Will Bonner.

I've raced against both of these cars. David LMN is correct. The 64 is the real thing and now owned by Scott Hughes. The 65 is a tribute car. Around 2006 or 07, the 65 car was put into the wall at VIR and subsequently was totally rebuilt. To include the "Skidmark Racing" dash.

Both Mark and Will can be contacted through Facebook.

For some pictures, see:

http://www.oftenlastracing.com/virgoldcup2006.htm 

Bob

• 1 year later...

Archived