Picked up my dream car today...

S-L

Drove 200 miles north of Portland to Edmonds (Seattle area), Washington to pick up my first '02. I've been a fan of these machines since I was in my early teens...to finally pick one up, it's just a dream come true.

I've been a fan of this forum for a whiles now...but always felt left out, because I didn't have my own personal '02.

Guess what? 

I will be active now. Can't wait for the exciting journey ahead of me with this beautiful car, and all the trouble it's packing! :P 

I'd like to thank all the people who've willingly helped me out greatly in my prior posts with the '02's. I've certainly not only gained knowledge, but great tips & recommendations from the "'02 vets". Thanks be to every single one of you who makes this forum, a fantastic one.

P.S. I purchased the "Respect Your Elders" sticker when they just started their release however many years back, and have always faithfully kept it on the top of my book shelf awaiting my first '02...that day has finally come.

--

If you'd like to see a consistent visual dose of my '02 journey, feel free to follow me on Instagram: @slaviklungu.

post-43356-0-61647300-1424157222_thumb.j

Not so sure about "insanity"--most of the 02 owners I know are quite sane--I know I am, as I only have two!

Anyway, welcome to the fraternity/sorority (if I didn't add this, Esty--and other distaff members-- would be on my case!).  As you know, there's plenty of knowledge/experience on the board, and we're all happy to share our knowledge.  BTW--Sahara rules!  Or is your car Chamoix?

cheers

mike

Thanks for all the responses guys; yes, this will certainly be an interesting journey that will often find myself debating whether I'm sane or insane. :lol:

Not so sure about "insanity"--most of the 02 owners I know are quite sane--I know I am, as I only have two!

Anyway, welcome to the fraternity/sorority (if I didn't add this, Esty--and other distaff members-- would be on my case!).  As you know, there's plenty of knowledge/experience on the board, and we're all happy to share our knowledge.  BTW--Sahara rules!  Or is your car Chamoix?

cheers

mike

Polaris Metallic, to be exact.

Cool never heard of buying a sticker for a car before having it,

i think that shows a great sense of planning. 

i was within 3 minutes of placing a high bid on a vintage italian 2-seater when my computer crashed and the auction ended...   i think it was a message.  i've since resigned to fawning over a coffee-table book of those cars as the prices have gotten out of hand.  The car: a 1959 alfa romeo guilletta veloce. 

Archived